Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 30th, 2016 16:00

Order not placed

I placed an order online and selected the option to pay with two credit cards. One of my credit cards got charged and the other one didn't. Later that day, i got a call from someone saying they were from Dell and that one of my credit cards hadn't gone through and that i had to provide information to make the payment. i asked if i could do it online or call the number on Dell's website and i was told i could. I called the number on Dell's website and was transferred back and forth from the sales team and customer support and i was told they couldn't help me because my order "was not placed". So, im down X amount of money and my order isn't coming.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 2nd, 2016 08:00

Hi Danieldco, 

Thank you for posting your concerns on the Dell Community Forum Customer Care Board. We apologize for any inconvenience this security step may cause. Dell is committed to providing a safe and secure shopping experience for our customers. It is regrettable you did not feel comfortable addressing the issue with the verification agent that contacted you. I realize you may not have wanted to use the phone number and extension they may have provided, but it was the fastest way to address the credit card concerns. Generating a new customer number and a new order will not help, and the new order will still cancel out. 

A verification hold cannot be bypassed. You must speak with them, address the verification issue and then place a new order if needed. If your account is still on verification hold, please contact our Order Verification Team by calling 1-800-571-3355 between 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM CST, Monday to Friday and 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM CST on Saturday. It will save a lot of time without being transferred to another line. Failure to contact us within 1 business day may result in cancellation of your order. To expedite the handling of your call, please ensure that you have your order number(s) when calling. 

I trust this information is helpful. If your order has been canceled and needs to be re-booked, you may call 1-866-383-4713. 

Thanks,
Lorna

No Events found!