Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

6 Posts

March 22nd, 2019 13:00

Ownership transfer

I bought a laptop Alienware and filed a request for transfer of ownership on February 20. Today was rejected with the reason "Unable to transfer tag at this time. Dell's compliance department did not receive response on their query. Please contact customer care for further assistance". After submitting a request, no one tried to contact me, and I do not understand what happened?

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

March 25th, 2019 10:00

Thank you for your message. Although my expertise is on the consumer system, I can try to assist you with the ownership transfer to help you get in touch with an Alienware expert.

Is the system bought from a retailer? If the system is already registered to someone & if you are transferring the system to your name, you will need to provide the name of the original owner & this is done for security reasons. Without this, the ownership transfer will not be completed.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.         

How to locate the service tag

No Events found!