Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

2 Posts

August 21st, 2019 11:00

Policies and Procedures Are Not Customer Centered

I have spent the last hour on the phone with Dell Technical Support and Dell Replacement Department after being disconnected twice. I called because my Alienware Area 51m Laptop malfunctioned. It will not boot, the screen is black, and I only get beep codes. After several times trying to troubleshoot the problem with customer service, and being transferred to 5 different departments, I finally got them to send me a replacement. And just an FYI, this laptop has been glitchy since day one. Little things that shouldn't happen with an almost $3000 laptop. Also, the Alienware control center has a mind of its own. 1. Dell's 30-day return/replacement policy is not customer centered. Your clock starts from the second you buy the device, not when it is delivered. The transit time from Dell to my home counts against my 30 days. This is ridiculous! Additionally, the new laptop replacement counts in the original laptop's 30-day return policy. How can this be? It is a brand-new laptop. It should have a fresh new 30-day window for any issues with it! 2. If I return the laptop I have for a full refund and buy a new one on Dell.com, I can save $342.62 off my original purchase price for the same setup. Since I purchased the device with my Dell Credit Account, I was offered a $100 rebate off my Dell account. Here's the kicker! If I had purchased this device from Dell with my own bank-issued credit card, I was told I would be entitled to more than the $100 rebate, that he would be able to match the price difference. But, since I purchased it with my Dell Account, he said he was not authorized to provide this rebate that there would be so much paperwork and another department I would have to speak with to get more than $100. Why so many departments? Why can't you authorize a customer service representative to provide customer service? Why must I jump through hoops? 3. Your customer service representatives were very polite and handled everything within Dell's policies. That's the problem. The Dell policies give your reps and your company a bad name. I should not have such poor service from your company. I have spent over $5000 on 2 computers from you. I left HP after a decade of owning their computers and thousands of dollars spent with them due to the same customer service issues I'm not having with Dell. I have never bought another HP computer since. That was over 5 years ago. Your policies and practices have me reconsidering my purchase and loyalty to your company. Why should I be a loyal customer but get shafted by your policies? 4. Your advertisement touts the Alienware line as the best gaming computer around. It also advertises that the Alienware Area 51m is the most upgradable laptop on the market. Why then would you sell me a Samsung 970 PRO NVMe SSD which I purchased with my Dell rewards points when tech support tells me this drive may not be compatible with the "best and most upgradable laptop on the market"? Why are you selling an inferior product? Why can't you fix the issues? The support rep sent me to his manager so I could express my grievances with this process. The manager was polite and said he understood exactly where I was coming from having spent so much money on a computer. He assured me that Dell is always looking at customer feedback to adjust their practices. Who decided these practices were good customer service? You may need to look at your policy makers and ask some questions on what make a company poor, good, or great. You are definitely not achieving greatness with your current practices.

August 25th, 2019 04:00

Just a follow up. As a response to this message, I received an automated message asking for my tag #. I sent it immediately and received another automated message stating I would hear from a representative within 24 hours. It is now 4 days later and I've heard nothing from anyone. Additionally, I submitted my request for replacement on August 21st. Dell said my replacement laptop would arrive by September 8th! After spending almost $3000 on a laptop that only worked for a couple of weeks, they are going to take 3 weeks to replace it! This is absurd! It should be sent overnight shipping or at least 3-day shipping. Why can they not expedite this process? Still not inspiring confidence in this company.

• 

25.1K Posts

August 27th, 2019 08:00

Hello Jordon, we're deeply sorry about the long delay on the reply. We had some technical issues with the automated response. We see that the exchange process is already on its track. However, it is already going as fast as it can. We're deeply sorry about all the hardships you have gone through and we're making sure that whenever we replace a computer it matches the system's specs and we need to make sure that it will live up to the Alienware Brand expectations. We will continue to check up on your case to make sure this gets dealt with as soon as possible. 

• 

25.1K Posts

September 2nd, 2019 12:00

Hi Jordon, have they provided any updates on your case regarding the swap and the computer they are preparing for you?

• 

25.1K Posts

September 6th, 2019 09:00

Hi Jordon, we haven't heard from you in a couple of days. We were wanting to see if you could put us up to speed with the information they have provided you so far. We want to make sure that the process is smooth and efficient.

No Events found!