Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 13th, 2019 13:00

Promo Visa Prepaid Card

I received my Claim Validation email on June 27 but I have not yet received the $100 Promo Visa card that I was eligible to receive. I reached out to the Dell Promotional Support Team and was told that I would receive my card by August 2. I didn't receive it and again contacted the Promo Team a week ago and was told that they would investigate and provide me with an update. I didn't hear back from them and sent another email 2 days ago to which I have had no response. I am by now very frustrated that I have not received the promised Promo card and that I am not getting any answers.

2 Posts

September 17th, 2019 06:00

I, too, am having the same issue regarding my purchase qualifying for a $200 Visa gift card.  I have a screen shot of my online purchase that clearly lists the gift card as included but the "Dell Promotional Support Team" located in the UK keeps telling me the purchase doesn't qualify.  They claim that Dell was who made the determination.  I even sent them copies of the screen shots showing the gift card as included during the check out process.  Keep getting the run around each blaming the other.  Looks like I'm not alone.  There are numerous posts both in the Dell Community forums and on Dell's Facebook page.  From what I read, the "card" comes digitally which is another nightmare for customers.  Has ANYONE ever received their Gift Card and was able to use it?  Time to complain to the BBB everyone?

1 Message

September 17th, 2019 09:00

Exact same situation here! Just ridiculous. Dell should be ashamed. I've had similar deals with other companies, and had the card within a week. I'm a long time Dell consumer (on my 5th computer with Dell). It's definitely a love/hate relationship. I'm not sure that any other computer retail company is any better/worse, though.

4 Posts

September 19th, 2019 15:00

I called again on Tuesday and was told I would have it within 48 hours. She said if I did not have it by then to call back and they would email me a direct link. I called today and they said they do not have a link to provide to send to me and that they have emailed the company twice and have received no reply about the status of my card.

I went ahead with a BBB complaint. I'm so tired of people half*ssing their jobs and getting away with it. It seems everything requires the customer to follow up to make sure they get what was promised and the only way to force better business is to go all the way every time someone doesn't follow through with what was promised. Too often, I mail paperwork to someone and they "lose it" but suddenly find it when I call. Or I call about an issue and am told nothing can be done until I ask to speak to someone else who can resolve the issue. People are LAZY and a company like this should have higher standards. It's up to us.

I probably sound like an 80 year old disgruntled with the world, but I'm actually half of that age and seriously fed up with people not doing their jobs. If you should have gotten a card and were denied, file a complaint. If you should have gotten your card but haven't yet, file a complaint. Force them to keep their word. The more people who complain, the better and the faster they'll work to do their jobs.

4 Posts

September 22nd, 2019 01:00

It's almost like magic.

I filed my BBB complaint on 9/19, got the email with the card two days later 9/21.

Convenient timing or the complaint was sent to them on Friday and they forced the issue? I'll never know, but I would recommend everyone else try it.

Thanks for all of the replies. I wish you all luck getting what is owed to you!

1 Message

September 22nd, 2019 13:00

I had the same issue. However. I called the issuer of the card left 3 voicemails. The third voicemail informed them I was contacting local better business bureau.  I received a call two hours later and then an email with my card information. Good luck!! 

1 Message

October 1st, 2019 19:00

Slightly different from what most people have posted. But I did get a confirmation about my card and went through this lengthy process for about a month. However, about 10 minutes ago, the second I got the link after about 5 emails to confirm my card, I filled it out, signed an e-signature form to finally get my pre-paid card, and what do ya know, the link results in a HTTP Error 404.... 

I hate to be the one yelling at customer service but this does seem pretty absurd to me. 

1 Message

October 1st, 2019 20:00

I too received the link today to retrieve my visa gift card, filled out the information and the link resulted in a HTTP Error 404. 

1 Message

October 2nd, 2019 06:00

I also got the HTTP Error 404... Hopefully it is just taking a little bit of time, but geeze...  it's really annoying.

2 Posts

October 2nd, 2019 07:00

I also received the link and got an HTTP error. I am extremely disgusted. Dell is my preferred place to buy computers because they tend to last a really long time but after what happened to me and what's been happening to others. I probably won't purchase any more computers from them. I called dell and was given a different number to call and that number gave me another number to call which told me that they only use emails for cards.I ended up emailing mycardholdersupport and am waiting to hear back. 

October 2nd, 2019 07:00

Same issue, from an early Sept. order.

Site keeps 404ing

1 Message

October 2nd, 2019 12:00

Same issue here, HTTP 404 error when i try and redeem my card.

8 Posts

me too, same issue here, HTTP 404 error when i try and redeem my card.

2 Posts

SAME THING!! They told me since its more than 30 days since the date ordered, they will not honor the GC and there is nothing they can do. They said someone should have " told me" when ordering that I had to go online and redeem the gift card code to get my pre paid gift card. SCAM

• 

25.1K Posts

October 2nd, 2019 13:00

Hi, 

I thoroughly understand your situation. I recommend you to reach out to the offer support team and work with them. Please let me know the region you are in to get you the support team's contact details. 

-Pratheepan. 

• 

25.1K Posts

October 2nd, 2019 13:00

Hi, 

I absolutely understand your call out. The git card registration should have been submitted within 30 days from the order date. Any attempt to register for the promotions will not be honored. Please be confirmed that there is no manual intervention in this. Unfortunately, there is nothing much could be done in this situation. 

-Pratheepan. 

No Events found!