Start a Conversation

Unsolved

K

67 Posts

October 28th, 2021 11:00

Purchasing Dell products, constant delays

I placed an order more than 4 months ago at Dell.ca for one of the new X17 R1s, in its highest configuration. I want to clarify some points that I consider to be quite important, not only for the community that has used Dell products for years (in my specific case Alienware), starting from this point I understand it's incorrect on the part of Dell, to offer products that are not supported under support of availability and that makes customers buy non-existent products.

As a company that offers products and technology, I consider it quite wrong, inappropriate, unfair and unprofessional to do marketing on items that are not in stock. This particular situation forces users to enter into delays that go beyond what is tolerable and undermine the good image that the company may have (You cannot sell or market what you do not have).

In fact, this particular situation has been affecting me personally as well as perhaps many of you and the only thing that we receive as a community and as loyal followers of the brand, answers somewhat vague and from which Dell has not spoken to shed a little. of light in the face of this catastrophic situation that affects thousands of users of these products around the world.

Regardless of who is waiting for this X17 or X15 (players, design professionals and technology enthusiasts) we understand that we deserve a little more respect since, like me, we buy the article legitimately and legally on the available platforms, fully trusting that of what was offered and in the time proposed, not by us but by Dell as a company, whatever is expected.

Perhaps by writing this, some moderator understands that my comments are out of context and maybe they will ban my argument that it is totally valid, but whoever reads it knows that as a user and part of the community I am 100% right.

I think that in the future this may be an opportunity for improvement for Dell worldwide, keeping stock of the items offered and when demand grows, preventing people from continuing to buy a non-existent item is a good way to be loyal to the end customer, as well as Users can decide if we go to another brand and avoid calls to support without sustainable information, disagreement with the Dell company and abuse in terms of product delivery times.

Already at this moment I am looking for and talking in other brands viable options to be able to continue with my productive time, which has been reduced by Dell for almost 5 months now.

Have a beautiful day.

67 Posts

November 7th, 2021 07:00

My next step with all this issue is Code of Conduct violation. DELL-Admin>  Dell about all the lost I've been having because the incompentece not only of the 4.5 delay order, false expectations and delay on my refund, but also try to shut down my voice when I was telling the true and false accuse me about profanity.

67 Posts

November 8th, 2021 07:00

I cancel mine after more thabn 4.5 months wait

67 Posts

November 8th, 2021 12:00

Mate I made mine on June 23th on Dell.ca and after over 4.5 months waiting I cancelled and still they are asking me to wait for my refund when the 5 business days are already done. Just imagine how titanic is the battle with this company. Never again I will purchase anything doesn't matter what they advertise, the last email/convo I have is their were telling me that the close day to have my order done is by the end of January 2022.

Hope you have some luck on the pursue of this order.

67 Posts

November 8th, 2021 12:00

Screenshot_20211103-105855_Brave.jpgScreenshot_20211031-085433_Brave.jpg

I cancel this one and still waiting for my refund after they ask me to wait for 3 to 5 business days. To get your money they are fast, but after you bite you are done.

Screenshot_20211031-085218_Brave.jpg

67 Posts

November 9th, 2021 03:00

I'm still continue after the false promise to wait 3 to 5 business days, waiting the money reserved back on June 22nd for a failed order on the Alienware X17 R1, nobody from Dell has approach to solved my case.

67 Posts

November 9th, 2021 13:00

Another call to Dell about my refund and still, nothing happen, they offer to call back and nobody calls at all. So frustrating...

67 Posts

November 15th, 2021 05:00

4.5 months since I order my Dell Alienware X17
13 days since I request a cancellation of the order (withour 4 representing 2 weekends)
Nov 10th 2021 - Dell said they successfully void the transaction and money will be available on 1 to 2 business days (So the cancel on Nov 2nd was not true)

My business continuing getting harmed by this company, my bank doesn't have anything from Dell and now I don't know where is my money.

Remarkable experience!

67 Posts

November 15th, 2021 06:00

Another day calling to my bank and Dell.

Dall still not made the refund, lies continues.

67 Posts

November 15th, 2021 16:00

We’re always there for you!
Service Request Number XXXXXX321

Dear XXXX XXXXXX.,

Thank you for contacting Dell Customer Care and for the opportunity to resolve your issue. I had submitted a request for the refund and will be processed within 8 business days. However we had expedited the refund.
Hopefully this issue has been resolved to your satisfaction.

At Dell, we take pride in our service so please let us know if you have any other questions. Simply reply to this email with your preferred contact number and best time to call and we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you for choosing Dell. We appreciate your business.

Mary Lucy
Dell | Customer Care

So this emsil came sfter 10 business days of wait.

67 Posts

November 16th, 2021 07:00

I got an update about this mess.

The refund by Dell on Nov 10th, was filled with a form for US instead of Canada (I try to purchase this unexistent computer on Dell.ca) and now I have to wait 8 more business days because someone placed the incorrect form, after that mess, I still losing 300 CAD avg per day.

If you request a refund about the X17, make sure that the informatiion and store (Canada or US) are correct so you will not land like me trying to get my money back for around 26 days as I expected now.

There is no care about this situatiion and honestly after all the lies, I don't know what to believe.

• 

25.7K Posts

November 16th, 2021 08:00

I'm sorry to have put you through this situation.

As the amount is not credited to our account and the authorization is voided from our end, we are unable to do much from our end.

You will need to raise this with your bank.

67 Posts

November 16th, 2021 16:00

Today I got the information that the form used to procceed with the void was the US form and not the Canada form and this is why this proccess is taking long and unconfortable, Dell can't do anything right at this moment and is better get away.

Personally a new Alienware can come out with a galactic tecnology and I will never come back to this company, not only because the false advertisement but also the lies and the incompetence for such a bad care with a customer scares me the most. Now because this issue I'm losing 300 CAD avg per day for over 5 months now, it's insane, ridiculous and unprofessional in all the way.

As soon as I get my money back and hope I can get it soon, I'll delete this brand not only from my head but also from my business as well.

67 Posts

November 16th, 2021 22:00

And I get this private answer showing me there is a lack of communication between the agents at Dell, keep repeting the same without seeing there is nothing with my bank and the problem was (as I gather today) someone in Dell uses an incorrect form internally to proccess the refund. So that's why they asking me to check with the bank.

This is an improvement point here, it's important to know in details the case in order to respond with the first script to the customer, so there will not be a lack of information making the customer lose time which is my case at this point.

Subject: Re: Purchasing Dell products, constant delays
Date: 11-16-2021 05:50 PM

I get your call out & understand how upsetting it can be for any one. If there is something that I can do, would have done it.
As the funds are not received in this case, you will have to check it with the bank.

-Anita

67 Posts

Dear Anita.

There was an authorization number generated incorrectly (obviously at this point I don't believe in anything) which the form was filled using a refund US form instead of Canada refund form (or whatever the internal document name is) and that's WHY, my refund has been delayed, the problem is not my BANK at this point, is Dell that is failing to create the form and submitted correctly so I will have access to my funds again.

It's important to read the case BEFORE, respond with a incorrect information so the customer will not get work around or confuse at this point.

greetings.

67 Posts

Another update

In this one they now said that it will be proccessed in 2 days which is tomorrow:

Dear xxxx,
The credit request is been submitted on a priority basis and it will be posted within 1-2 business days.

Thankyou,
C. Mary Lucy

No Events found!