Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 19th, 2016 05:00

Strange Reasons for Denying Price Match

I had a price match request denied twice in the past 2 days which I thought were solid requests.  Staples had a typical sale on a DELL SE2716H monitor that expires today.  

sale link: www.staples.com/.../product_2091628

archived: i328.photobucket.com/.../CaptureStaplesMonitorSale_zpswykrqrfz.jpg

For some odd reasons, DELL won't price match it. First rep said that it was because quantities are limited.  Second rep said that the sale had already expired. Both reasons to deny the price match seem weak. First, this sale at Staples is a typical weekly sale at Staples. The monitor was on sale at that price for 2 weeks. Being a typical sale, stock on hand is never unlimited. So denying a price match because stock was not unlimited is weak.  Secondly, it was 5:30am ET March 19th when I made the second price match request. The sale has still not expired at the time of writing and I can still add the item to cart. Typically, expiration occurs at 11:59pm on the expiration date.  I'm amazed that the rep denied the price match request because he incorrectly believed that the sale was over.  The reasons for denying this price match don't seem valid.

No Responses!
No Events found!