Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 2nd, 2017 13:00

Terrible Support

I will try to make the story short. I ordered a Samsung 50' television on 11/28. The estimated delivery date was to be 12/23 - 1/3. I checked my status occasionally and the television was never shown as being shipped. I went through the painful process of speaking to customer support and they informed me that the television was out of stock. Awesome, nice that they sold me a television that should have been in stock, but actually was not. I was told it would be in stock again on 12/30, and would go out shortly after that. Another lie. It may have been in stock then for someone, but not me! Now I am hearing something now about late January. I am wondering if I will see it by summer. The customer support is frustrating to speak to, and thus far useless. Ordering from Dell has been one of the worst purchasing experiences I have ever gone through. I would highly recommend shopping elsewhere.

58 Posts

January 3rd, 2017 11:00

Dell doesn't build TV's, they only sell them, for someone else, so the availability is up to what's available.

2 Posts

January 4th, 2017 07:00

Sure, I get that, but if they are going to sell it as their product they should have a little control over knowing what the inventory is in order to give an estimated delivery date. It has not been delayed once, but TWICE now, and actually I do not even have an estimated delivery date now. I only know that they should be back in stock again towards the end of the month. That does not mean I will get one of them sent to me then, since I was told I would get one that became available by 12/30, which I did not.

The worst part of their support in this case is that I can never talk to someone in the U.S. The persons (about 6 so far) I have spoken with are in India, and they are zero help in this matter. I feel that once you purchase something online from Dell you are in a consumer black hole. You may get your product eventually. You may not, but no one can really help you.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 4th, 2017 15:00

Hi GuyBoyd,

Thanks for the order status inquiry. Please accept our apology for any frustration or disappointment the order delay may have caused. The shipping date, as provided by a Dell sales, customer care representative, or on the Dell website, is an estimate only and is not guaranteed.  

Dell offers third party products on our website as a convenience for our customers. Dell does not manufacture or stock any third party items. When you place an order for a product from a third party, it goes directly to the vendor’s fulfillment center for dispatch. Currently the orders you placed are back ordered. Every effort is being made to complete the order. This product is heavily allocated and an expedite request will not help.

Unfortunately, Samsung is still back logged from the BF/CM/Holiday demand which exceeded available supply. The Samsung 50 Inch LED Smart TV UN50J5200AF HDTV orders will be filled on a First in / First out (FI/FO) bases. Revised ESD dates are being updated. 

I trust this information is helpful. Should you need additional information, please feel free to check your shipping and delivery status online. We understand if you are unable to wait for this order to be completed. If you need to cancel this order please contact the order modification department at 1-800-247-2076 option 2.

Thanks,

Lorna

No Events found!