Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 6th, 2015 05:00

Terrible customer service, No communication from Dell, Fails to meet deadlines

Feel some comfort in that you are not alone.  Something has gone really wrong at Dell.  I spent a lot of time with customer support yesterday to resolve a problem with a personal order where after the sale, Dell downgraded a component in the order while it is in pre-production.  They did not contact me or refund the price difference of the parts.  I was just bounced back and forth from one support rep to another and the only constructive thing they offered to resolve my problem was that they could cancel my order.  

It is sad Dell got to this point.  Dell is about to loose my loyalty after 20 years of buying their computers and servers for myself and for my employer.

October 6th, 2015 16:00

It seems like they have grown too large for their infrastructure to handle.

2 Posts

October 7th, 2015 01:00

Same situation man.

Dell used to be the best.

Now, they are at HP level with me.

How hard is it to build Alienware?  

Why are they not sitting on shelves ready to ship?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 7th, 2015 13:00

Hi Gelf1901,

I sincerely regret we were unable to fulfill your order as placed. Usually, a system or product will ship on or before its estimated shipping date. Occasionally, however, vendor-related issues may delay the manufacture and subsequent shipment of an order. Please understand that in such situations, the assembly of your computer cannot be completed until the necessary parts have arrived at Dell. I apologize for any inconvenience this unforeseen delay may have caused.

I don’t have any information about which part is holding up your order but I know that our production teams are working diligently to deliver these systems as soon as possible.  When a vendor is unable to supply the parts listed in your particular configuration, we sometimes need to purchase a similar item from a different vendor. Most likely it is that same part, just a different supplier. In order to indicate the change in the part numbers, the order is canceled and a new order is created using the correct SKU's. The funds from the original order are transferred to the new order # and the build process continues.

I trust this information is helpful. Should you need additional information regarding your order, please follow these instructions:

* Go back to the top of this Customer Care board

* Click the tab "Customer Care - Wiki"

* On the right under "Table of Contents", click "Order Delay"

Thanks,
Lorna

No Events found!