Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

1 Message

November 28th, 2019 00:00

U2719D, severe backlight bleeding

Hello,

I previously bought an U2717D which came in faulty (vertical line). I sent it under warranty to the retailer I bought it from and they informed me that Dell replaced it with the U2719D I have now. I am aware that IPS panels (especially the InfinityEdge displays) have some backlight bleed but compared to the U2717D I previously had, the backlight bleed is very noticeable and excessive, this should not be the case since they essentially have the same panel. I tried to submit a service request but my service tag is not being recognized as valid, also I was not able to find the page that allows me to submit a request as described in the last section of this page. I attached a few pictures in different lighting situations:

Bright room (exaggerated by light):

bright.jpg

Dark room:

dark.jpg

Dim morning light:

dim_morning.jpg

Dim room, not dark:

dim.jpg

I preferred to go through dell directly since that is what the retailer would do anyway and I hope to find a quicker solution for this issue.

1/24 = I see that the exchanged monitor has been shipped to your location and is currently in transit. The expected delivery date is 1/27.
DELL-Cares

No Responses!
No Events found!