Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 30th, 2016 07:00

Unprofessional customer service representative.

Good morning,

My name is Diego Espinosa, I have been a dell costumer for over 12 years, I ordered a new computer the day before yesterday November 28, 2016. Today while reviewing my order, I noticed that a McAfee LiveSafe Consumer 12 Month Subscription was added to my order for $37.18 without me choosing it.

Due to the fact that I used other antivirus software and I don't have a need for this subscription I called the Order Modification department to remove this subscription for my order. The person who took my call "MARIA" , didn't want to listen to my expiation as to why I didn't need the subscription. she insisted that the software was pre-loaded and can't not be removed, and I understand that, I was not asking to uninstalled the software, but to cancel the subscription to the service which I don't need, I could uninstalled the software my self; she was incredibly rude and did not acknowledge anything of what I was trying to say. when I asked for an explanation as to why did I had to pay for a subscription that I did not need, she denied any explanation and said it goes with the computer, even thought the price of the computer is listed separate in the order. Since I was not getting any explanation or help from her, I asked her if I could speak with a supervisor, but  she rudely refused to called one, however, I asked again, and her response was to hanged up on me and kick my call out to the automated system again, where I have to enter all my information again, chose the department to where I want to connect, and wait in line again for help, after I have already done all that. I think this was a very offensive insult and disrespect to me as a customer and my time as I am a busy person.

This is my contact information if more information is needed.

<ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy>

<ADMIN NOTE: Phone number removed per privacy policy>

Regards,

Diego Espinosa

MSci. Mechanical Engineer.

1 Message

November 30th, 2016 09:00

Are you sure they don't ship computers without some form of antivirus software installed?

I didn't select an anti-virus for my laptop order on Nov 22.  In the email with my order there is a line that says "No Anti-virus Requested". 

I don't mind having it installed and having to remove it.  I own a multi-licence for virus software already that I will be using so I didn't select an anti-virus.

James

9.4K Posts

Hi Despinosa,

Thanks for bringing your experience to our attention.  I'll be sure to bring the matter to our phone teams so that additional training can be made to improve this situation.

As for the McAffe antivirus software, Dell does not ship computers without some form of antivirus software installed.  So therefore it can not be removed from the order.  If the customer chooses to not use antivirus, or wishes to install a different antivirus software, then it would be up to the customer to remove it.

3 Posts

Hi Robert,

I understand the software is preloaded in the computer,  however,  i know this type of programs work on subscription bases,  meaning that the software can be download anywhere for free, and people pay for a time base subscription to obtain the service.  And this is what i am refering to,  the 12 month subscription  that I don't need and I'm being forced to purchase.  Normally these type of softwares come with a free 30 day trial and then is up to the customer to purchase the subscription not forced into the costumer order.

Thank you

3 Posts

That is exactly my point.  

Thank you james!

9.4K Posts

December 1st, 2016 05:00

http://dell.to/2gpjHBf

The sales site shows below that you cannot remove the "McAfee LiveSafe 12 Month Subscription" when building the computer because it is "Included in price".

No Events found!