Start a Conversation

Unsolved

OI

1 Message

June 7th, 2019 03:00

Unprofessional support from Dell for my Laptop

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Laptop and had been facing issues such as system was becoming totally irresponsive after it was in normal operation. I had been pressing power button for long to hard shut down, then re-opening laptop again. This had been occurring intermittently, once per 2-3 days. Then last week it happened again and laptop didn't start at all, totally black screen when I attempt to power up. Contacted Dell support via chat, my laptop was collected from my address, sent to repair center, and I received it back yesterday. The problem is, there were 2x 16 GB RAM modules installed on my laptop when I sent, and when I received my laptop back 1 of these modules was installed in the laptop, other was in a separate plastic bag. There was a report of 2 pages, and the information (apart from generic info) in the report are: "NO PARTS REPLACED" "ACTIONS TAKEN: PART(S) REFITTED" This is not true. Repair Center's resolution was uninstalling one of the existing RAM modules on the laptop, and they didn't mention it at all anywhere. So I am wondering, why is the RAM module removed, was there a problem on the RAM module, was the problem on the RAM slots on the Laptop, does the laptop support 2 modules at all, am I not allowed to upgrade RAM as user, etc. If Repair Center is removing my existing module, they need to give me the reasoning. I need 32 GB RAM on my laptop, I was told (by Dell support when I was purchasing) that this laptop supports that RAM, if there is a problem on my setup I need to know what it is to take my correct action. Lack of information in the report is one thing, but writing there an incorrect information is totally unprofessional, and I am disappointed with this support behaviour. Thanks
No Responses!
No Events found!