Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 29th, 2016 12:00

WARRANTY

I had an issue with a laptop while under warranty. Tech support remotes in and swapped out some drivers and stated "if this does not remedy the issue, it means it will be hardware and not software and more than likely we will swap out the motherboard". I received a "notice to CLOSE THE CASE and responded that I was still having the issue. I then repeated my email request to not close the case and STILL NO REPLY from any Dell department. I sent a read request and received a READ statement an that shows me the email address I had was active. I then called and asked for a supervisor who would only state "it is past warranty" and then HUNG UP ON ME. This is a disservice and no one should be treated like that. I am a loyal customer for over 15 years. I have spent countless hours trying to get this resolved since it should have been handled in a timely matter and I would not be in this position. What can I do ?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 2nd, 2016 12:00

Hi mrb532004,

Thank you again for reaching out, as per my private message, I am looking into this for you.

Regards,
Lorna

2 Posts

November 2nd, 2016 18:00

I finally got tech support to RE-OPEN the case and we are seeing if the KERNEL POWER issue resurfaces after a refresh of the system. I am still loading software, patches / updates so it may be a week before I can truly tell. Thank you so much, I appreciate you and your efforts

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 3rd, 2016 13:00

Hi mrb532004,

Thank you for the service request update. I'm going to close my care case for you, but please be assured your technical case will remain open. Please continue to work with the technician assigned to your case for assistance.

Thanks,
Lorna 

No Events found!