Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

1 Message

November 19th, 2018 08:00

Warranty transfer from USA to India

Hi, I am planning to purchase a new laptop from USA. Model : Inspiron 5570 ( 15.6 inch touchscreen,16GB RAM,1TB HDD, Windows 10, 4GB GRAPHICS). This are the configuration that I am planning to buy from USA. My concern is I want to transfer the warranty of the product to India. The mentioned model is also available in India but not with those configurations and touchscreen facility. So, can I avail the warranty for this product in India? What is the procedure to transfer it to here? Please help.

10 Elder

• 

24.7K Posts

November 19th, 2018 16:00

In order to transfer the warranty:

As you note, the model must be sold in India.  Though it is, you may find parts availability limited or nonexistent where the  screen is concerned, should it need replacement.

You must register the system -- not a problem when purchasing from Dell or an authorized seller, but it can be a big problem when purchasing from a third party such as an Amazon storefront, EBay, etc. If the service tag does not show up, you'll need the seller to arrange registration.

You must also buy an upgrade to onsite service for at least a year - from Dell with purchase, about $100;  after purchase, double that figure.

No Events found!