Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 19th, 2014 18:00

Was offered Extended Warraty - Thoughts ???

So.. a little background on the issue.

I needed a new motherboard for my PC.. about 1.5 years old. obviously out of warranty. I can pick up a used board on ebay or around 300..

called dell out of warranty support and the service rep promised to look into it since they did not have a board in the system. at the time i did not know how much a new one from dell would cost.

someone off the support forum ( dell rep) mentioned that a new board from them woud run me at around 679 bucks or so.. uaaaaaaa. thas pricey i thought.

so the rep calls back with an option. for around 608 bucks i can get an extended warranty which will also get me a tech in house to perform the repairs ( which i don't really need ) put it will also include parts.

so i guess my question is.. would it be worth it to get this warranty.? what do you guys  and girls say? ?

3 Apprentice

• 

8.8K Posts

March 19th, 2014 19:00

Imevaristo13

If it's a laptop before it's given an extended warranty you would need to send it to their depot to be check to see it's running etc.

I don't know how they handle a desktop......

Z..................

459 Posts

I perform all my repairs myself...........but I would gladly let a cute gamer girl play with my system!!!!!!!BAMBAM.

Its my Aurora r4 and I disclosed what was wrong. So this offer was put on the table. Obviously its basically paying for the motherboard.

Considering my options. But I don't have Manny.

Get a used board and hope its good and lasts.

Get a new board from dell at 700 BKS

Get a board like the Asus gene and have to spend extra for a new windows activation plus fiddle around with all the connections to make sure my LEDs vents etc work ( which probably won't )

Or accept this offer...  

Again the PC was overhesti g so I'm assumi.g I may have an issue with the water cooler being clogged too

3 Apprentice

• 

8.8K Posts

March 20th, 2014 12:00

mevaristo13

OK, as long as that quote includes your motherboard and installation if necessary, for sure get the extension.

I am a big believer in extended warranties and with a high price system like the R4-Aurora you won't regret getting it. How many years extension are they giving you again?

I writing this comment on the AW18, which is one heck of a laptop.

Z......................

March 20th, 2014 13:00

I'm calling back today to get more details. The offer toes cover parts and labour I just can't remember how long. I've read a lot of bad posts about customer support but my experience has been good so far. Also the support rep is not from north America and very clear to understand. Sad that some people have an issue with that.

No Events found!