Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 6th, 2016 18:00

What is the point of online chat? Can online chat become an alternative way to contact Dell, instead of being a machine that copies and pastes information on the website?

My order is pending, and I do not want it anymore. So I want to cancel my order.

I dialed the phone number, waited for 1 hour and I gave up.

After several hours of work, I dialed again and gave up after waiting for 1 hour.

I thought "oh, maybe online chat can help me with the issue"

I switched to online chat, and got a representative with me.

I told him/her that my order is pending due to payment issue.

Representative requested me to call a number.

I told him/her that I want to cancel my order.

Representative requested me to call another number.

Really? Online chat representative is only capable of providing information that is already listed on the website? Then what is the point of having online chat? I can read those phone numbers and descriptions. You know how miserable it is to call Dell on a phone. Dell is just making cancelling orders overwhelmingly difficult since not all people have hours and hours to waste on waiting for a representative to pick up the phone.

Pardon my stupidity and I will never ever order on Dell in the future. Period.

I just hope Dell can just randomly cancel my order like they did to my computer 1 year ago.

2 Intern

• 

370 Posts

October 7th, 2016 09:00

Hi Barry Chen,

Please send Dell-Lorna M your order number in a private message so that we may investigate further on your behalf. Please use this link to send Lorna a private message.http://en.community.dell.com/user/conversation?UserId=1657977&ConversationId=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000

Thank you,

Amy

7 Posts

October 7th, 2016 10:00

Thank you for replying. I know you people on the forum are pretty cool and responsive cause every time I post I can get a response really quick. I was just a bit irritate about the online chat. I will e-mail her ASAP. Thanks again

No Events found!