Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 18th, 2013 19:00

Why my order was cancelled?

I purchased a laptop Inspiron 15R Special Edition last Tuesday (07/16) and the order was confirmed. The money was debited from my bank account and until this afternoon (07/18) the status of my order was "in production". But this evening I entered in my account to check the status of my order and surprisingly the order was cancelled. I want to know why my order was cancelled without my permission if the money was debited from my account?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 26th, 2013 13:00

Hi Felipe,

I am following up to be certain your concerns have been addressed. If you still need assistance, please provide the requested information.

Thanks,
Lorna

July 18th, 2013 20:00

This is really bad. It's a lack of respect with the consumer. But I wish that this can be resolved sooner than your case, because I'll go to Brazil in one month!!

13 Posts

July 18th, 2013 20:00

Dell seems to do that. They did the same thing to me. I ordered a 14r touch one 6/10. I  had email on 6/20 saying the revised it until 7/3. I checked my order status and it said changed or canceled when it did not show up on the 7/3. I called and they said it was canceled on 7/1 for illegal configuration. So they reordered the same thing with a delivery date of  7/17 on 7/16 I received another email saying revised until 7/22. I called and told them what I though of dell. On 7/17 FedEx delivered  it. Either way it was 5 weeks to get the laptop my step daughter for college.

I almost forgot the $20 discount on the laptop. I won't say where they can put the $20....

:emotion-12: 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 23rd, 2013 15:00

Hi Felipe,

Thank you for posting your comments and brining your concerns to our attention. Please accept my apology for any frustration or inconvenience this cancelation may have caused. Please know that Dell does not receive any funds until the order has shipped. Your bank places the funds on hold when the order is placed so that you have the funds available when the orders ships. You may contact your bank and request the funds be released from hold.

Please contact me privately by clicking on my name in blue, selecting the Email Icon or Start Conversation, and provide the following information. I am happy to look into this matter on your behalf.

Name:
Email Address:
Shipping Address:
Phone Number:
Order Number:
Service Tag #:
Country of purchase:
Current country location:
Reason

Thanks,
Lorna

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 23rd, 2013 15:00

Hi jaba04,

Thank you for posting your comments and sharing your customer experience with us. Customer feedback is an important tool to be used in evaluating our products and services. Please allow me to apologize for any frustration or inconvenience the order cancelation may have caused. Please know that "illegal configuration" is an internal phrase that indicates certain parts are no longer available from a specific vendor. When Dell changes suppliers, we need to cancel the order that has the incorrect part number and replace the order with the correct part number so the build process may begin.

Please understand that a system's shipping date, as provided by a Dell Sales or Customer Care Representative or on the Dell Web site, is an estimate only and is not guaranteed.  Usually, a system or product will ship on or before its estimated shipping date.  Occasionally, however, vendor-related issues may delay the manufacture and subsequent shipment of an order.  Please understand that in such situations, the assembly of your computer cannot be completed until the necessary parts have arrived at Dell.

I trust this information is helpful. Please let me know if I may be of any assistance.

Thank you for choosing Dell,
Lorna

July 26th, 2013 19:00

Thank you Lorna, but another order with the same laptop was created.

No Events found!