Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 22nd, 2015 20:00

XPS 13" 7000, Gold, Order cancelled by Dell

Has anyone received the XPS 13" 7000 successfully in color other than moonlight silver? Dell is advertising this laptop available in GOLD and RED. I ordered one on 10/3 and my order was canceled this week by DELL.

I called and they said incompatibility with backlit keyboard.

If you now try to build this laptop from the XPS page, it throws and error:Compatibility Instructions

Errors
  • The selection - Backlit Keyboard, English is incompatible with Color Choice
  • The LCD, Color, and Keyboard Gold colors must match. Please click the Update Price link.

There is no Update Price link to click.

If you do a laptop search, and select SSD, and i7 6th generation chip, you will see a few of the XPS 13" displayed. 2 of them will say Now available in Gold, and Now available in Red and there Order codes are dndnw5014hg & dndnw5014hr

If you choose this laptop, and go to colors, gold is selected, if you change colors, to red or moonlight silver and then back to gold, you don't receive an incompatibility message.

So is it or isn't it an available color?

I ended up getting the moonlight silver because the sales rep said I can't get GOLD, but if I can, I prefer the GOLD and want to modify my order.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 23rd, 2015 11:00

Hi Joe, 

Thank you for posting your comments on the Dell Community Forum Customer Care Board. Please accept my apology for any frustration or disappointment you may have been caused by the cancelation of your original order. 

The information provided by the Dell representatives was accurate in that the order was held due to an invalid OEM Backlog. Once it was determined the order would not be able to be fulfilled as originally ordered, the order was cancelled and replaced with parts secured from an alternate vendor. Please accept our apologies if we were not able to offer the same color as advertised. 

According to our Consumer Terms of Sale, Dell strives to communicate accurate pricing and product information but will not be held responsible for any pricing, typographical, or other errors in such communications. Your order is subject to cancellation by Dell, in Dell's sole discretion. Unless otherwise agreed to by Dell, payment must be received by Dell prior to our acceptance of an order. Dell may process payment for and ship parts of an order separately. offers are subject to change. Dell reserves the right to cancel orders arising from pricing or other errors.

I trust this information is helpful. Should you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us here on the forum. 

Thank you for your patience,
Lorna 

No Events found!