Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 29th, 2012 18:00

computer repair

Dell's customer service is the worst I've encountered with a major company. i sent my computer back to Dell with a pre-paid $179 for repair, labor and shipping. I knew the LCD screen would most likely need replacing as it did not come on st all. Computer was never dropped as technician said. After waiting over 2 weeks and having to share a laptop with my husband I get a call that if I want it repaired I have to send an additional $199. in June or July I paid nearly $300 for what I thought was extended care but find out I had been sold a totally worthless software warranty!!! Does Dell even sell sioftware ? i was only refunded $80 for this cost. i work with a lotbof new real estate agents who ask my advice on what technology tools to use. I have also been asked by Consumer Report to evaluate and rate major companies including their customer relations experience. Can't wait for that opportunity. I ginally said, "enough is enough" and have asked them to return my worthless, unrepaired laptop (only a little over a year old) We had previously purchased 4-5 Dell computers butbthis will be my last. I never once heard a "sorry you are having this problem" from anyone I spoke to.There was NEVER a supervisor available who might listen to my concern. Tomorrow I plan to shop for a new laptop...know one brand I won't be considering.

240 Posts

November 6th, 2012 03:00

Hi Jan brinkman,

I am really sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I am definitely going to put this issue across to my supervisor to make sure that this does not happen again.

The reason why Dell has asked you to pay for LCD repair is because you did not have the necessary warranty needed to fix the LCD issue.

I am again sorry for not letting you know the details about the warranty that you had purchased from DELL.

Hope all your concerns are taken care and your system is working fine.

Please do reply to us for any concerns in the future.

No Events found!