Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 17th, 2017 02:00

israel dell support

hi

about a year ago i have purchased a new dell outlet xps 12-9250 from the us and took it with me to israel.

after a few monthes(still in the warrenty time) its started to get very hot and the battery was weak.  ireached your support in israel and the phone support said that there is a problem with both the battery and the motherboard and they both need to be replaced. few days later the support guy came to my house with only the battery and he said they didnt told him anything about the motherboard. he didnt even knew this model and it was the first time he ever saw it. he replaced only the battery and told me that its enough, few monthes later the computer failed and for allmost two weeks i tried to reach them but every time they hang the phone saying the warrenty has ended, althogh they were suppose to replace the mother board when the warrenty was still active.finally after i didnt cave down they helped me and the laptop went back on, i told them that i want them to replace the mother board so it wont be happening again.the manager(SHLOMI) told me that the laptop is fine now and if there will be any problems they will fix it. of course it happaned again and now the laptop is going black after the dell logo appears and an orange light is beeping. they dont want to take any responsebility and the manager say that the warrenty is over.

hope you can help me because im not about to let it go. the way your support in ISRAEL act is a desgrase.

thanx,

ELAD. 

3 Posts

December 19th, 2017 05:00

thanx for your reply.

the computer was purched under international warranty, and the battery was replaced at the time when the warranty was still on, he just didnt replace the motherboard as he should have done.

p.s i recieved an email saying that a "dell basic hardwear service" is about to expire, can you explain what is thet mean?

thanx

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

December 19th, 2017 05:00

Hi ginzi,

Thanks for posting.

Apologies that your system is not working as expected.  Unfortunately, agreeing to the terms of purchase, the computer was not meant to be exported outside the USA.  The fact that the technicians in Israel agreed to replace the battery out of warranty shows that they went out of their way to assist you.  Since the issue was reported prior to the warranty expiring, there may be the possibility of a repair under warranty, but the system would have to return to the USA shipping to and from the USA would be at the owner's expense.

To see if an exception could be made, please fill out the Unresolved Resolution Form.  You will need your Service Request number.  

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

December 19th, 2017 08:00

Without the actual Service Tag Number, I can only guess as to the disposition of the case. If you would like me to look into it further, please Private Message me the Service Tag number.  Do not post it on the open Forum.

No Events found!