Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 2nd, 2020 05:00

Dell ME Series SAN - Cannot Add additional Hosts to group

Hi,

I'm in the process of commissioning an ME series SAN, and I'm attempting to add 3 iSCSI ESXi hosts to the SAN

I have successfully added the first host and in the process created a host group. On attempting to add the second host and adding it as a member of the host group, the configuration fails and I receive the following error message:

'The mappings of the host are inconsistent with the mappings of the host group. Therefore the host cannot be added to the host group'

Anyone got any idea why I am getting this error?

Thanks

• 

6.9K Posts

June 2nd, 2020 12:00

Hello BaldyMan999,

Did you create your initiator first, & then add your initiators to your host?  You should be able to view that the initiator is created, and the hosts table is updated.  Here is the link to the administrator guide and if you look on page 73-74 it has all the steps that are needed to add a host to a host group. https://dell.to/3dt76rq

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

June 3rd, 2020 01:00

All working now thanks.

I was trying to add additional hosts using the wizard straight into the target group, but instead I worked backwards by manually adding additional hosts to the discovered initiators and then manually mapping those hosts to the required volumes. Once that was done the system allowed me to add the two additional hosts to the host group I had initially created when.

Thanks.

14 Posts

October 13th, 2020 07:00

Hi,

I had the same issue and when I checked the LUN numbers they didn't match. So I unmapped my new server and remapped the volumes with the same LUN numbers as previous host group had them mapped.

Marko

1 Message

January 18th, 2021 12:00

I had the same issue and was only able to get past it by deleting the original group and recreating the group through CLI

https://www.dell.com/support/manuals/en-us/powervault-me4024/me4_series_cli_pub/create-host-group?guid=guid-051673ef-e0ef-4687-9f84-d781e6fa0ec6&lang=en-us

1 Message

April 19th, 2021 22:00

This worked for me.  The interface is not very intuitive and some of the logic/flow is not there.  Hopefully Dell improves the UX on these systems.

In my case what worked was typing in the Host name when I went to add the initiator to a host.  The menu makes it appear as if you have to select an existing host.

The steps to add a host to an existing group that worked for me was the following:

1.  Create initiator
2.  Right-Click new initiator and select Add to Host
3.  In the drop down box just type in the name of your new host.
4.  Right-Click on your new Host + Initiator entry and select map initiator.  Match the mapping of the group you're trying to join the host as a member.
5.  Finally, Right-Click on your new host + initiator entry and select join group. Pick your group and it should work. 

No Events found!