Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

3 Posts

February 27th, 2020 09:00

PowerVault NX3200 won't turn on

I would like assistance with determining what hardware has failed in our out of support PowerVault NX3200.  It will not turn on, and the iDRAC is not responsive (nor communicating outbound in any way).

• 

631 Posts

February 28th, 2020 07:00

Hello steve217,

There a couple of things you can try to troubleshoot the problem. First, let's try to Drain the Power of your PowerVault. You can follow this procedure How do I Reset and Drain Power of my Dell PowerEdge Server?

You can also apply it on the PowerVault NX3200

Then, you can try the Minimunt to Post procedure. I suggest you to check this article: Dell PowerEdge: Troubleshooting a Server that does not start (No Power, No POST, No Boot and No Video)

If this information does not help you to solve the problem go ahead and test the Minimum to Post. This is to remove all not mandatory parts to post. If the server post in this status means the failed part is one of what you removed. So you can add one by one till you detect the failed part. But if the server does not post even in Minimum to post configuration. You need to replace one of the main parts. 

For a PowerVault NX3200 the minimum to post parts are:

One power supply
Control panel (for the power button function)
One processor (CPU) in socket CPU1 (minimum for troubleshooting)
One memory module (DIMM) installed in socket A1

Hope this helps.
Regards.

No Events found!