Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 2nd, 2011 04:00

Used MD3000 problem

Hello.

I got a used MD3000 without hard disks. I have the resource cd and I connected the storage to my notebook (via ethernet cable) running W7 (just for test). I ran the configure MD3000 wizard, but it couldn't discover the storage. I used a DHCP server to be sure the notebook and the MD3000 gets IP from the same subnet. Still no luck. I think the storage already has a static IP address but I don't know it's subnet. Maybe this is why the wizard cannot detect the device. Another problem is I don't have console cable for this MD3000. And here are my questions: How can I check it's IP? Is the MD3000 can be detected without the hard disks?

Thanks for any help.

regards,
Dominik

9.3K Posts

June 2nd, 2011 06:00

Without having the console cable, the only thing you can try (hope for) is that the management ports are set to the default setting. In this case they will try to acquire a DHCP lease. If they cannot acquire one, controller 0 reverts to 192.168.128.101 and controller 1 reverts to 192.168.128.102.

If these IPs don't work, and your DHCP doesn't show them getting an IP lease, you're going to need the console cable (and eventually you'll need MD3000 certified drives too when you get to the point that you want to use the unit).

June 2nd, 2011 07:00

It seems it has a static IP address with non-default settings. So I need a conlsole cable.

Thanks for your answer.

No Events found!