Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 31st, 2016 06:00

A couple of Data Domain RFP questions

Hi,

Can anybody help, I have a couple of questions:

1. Can user roles be combined in order to create a customer role in a Data Domain?

2. Can Data Domain integrate with 3rd party management platforms such as Microsoft System Centre, via management packs?

3. Is there a roadmap for 16Gb FC support on the DD4200?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards

Ron

62 Posts

June 10th, 2016 00:00

Hi Ron,

Our product management team have confirmed there is no plan at the moment to include support for 16Gb FC in a DD4200.

However they did say they would like to understand the use case for a future consideration - as to fully saturate an 8Gb FC on a DD4200 would take a lot of IOPS.

cheers, Rich.

62 Posts

June 2nd, 2016 02:00

Hi Ron,

Let me try and answer your questions in turn.

1. Unfortunately not. The only user roles we allow, depending upon your installed DDOS release are of the types 'admin', 'security', 'user', 'backup-operator', 'tenant-admin', 'tenant-user' or 'none'. The various descriptions of each role can be found in the administration guide. The user can only have one role associated. What is it you actually want to achieve?

2. Not at this time.

3. I will need to investigate if this is on the road map. Please bear with me whilst I try and find out if this is planned at all.

cheers, Rich.

62 Posts

June 7th, 2016 02:00

Hi Ron,

Just wanted to drop a quick note that I've not forgotten about question 3 above. As soon as I have something further to add, I will update you here.

cheers, Rich.

49 Posts

June 7th, 2016 03:00

Rich,

Thank you for helping with this, the deadline for the RFP was last Friday, so we didn't include a roadmap for the 16Gbps.

Hopefully we make it to the next round.

Regards
Ron

49 Posts

June 10th, 2016 01:00

Rich,

Thank you very much.

This was just a question I needed to answer in an RFP, so there is no real use case.

Cheers

Ron

62 Posts

June 10th, 2016 06:00

OK, great. Thanks for the update Ron.

No Events found!