Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 26th, 2014 06:00

For clean schedule of DataDomain

Hello.

I want to check the specifications of DataDomain.

Please tell me someone.

If you perform a clean schedule of DataDomain, or will be recorded in the log of DataDomain?

If it is recorded, can you tell us also how to check to me?

Thank you.

116 Posts

February 26th, 2014 07:00

Hi Tyokodan,

Are you asking about how to monitor the cleaning?  This KB will tell you how to schedule and monitor cleaning jobs on the DataDomain:

https://support.emc.com/kb/180572

Please let me know if you need more information.

8 Posts

February 26th, 2014 16:00

Thank you for the reply.

I will be able to access the link you have tell you, but I did not know.

I make sure that the clean has been performed.

DataDomain After the execution scheduling cleaning, then Do you want to record in the event log it?

25 Posts

March 6th, 2014 20:00

Hi there, there really is no specific logging, but if you look at the Space usage location in your auto supports, just underneath that location, it will tell you when the last cleaning successfully completed.  If you want to do this via CLI, you can type: #df and will give you the same output.  Otherwise to see schedule, type: #filesys clean show schedule

Hope this helps...

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 27th, 2014 12:00

One place you can look is on each Data Domain autosupport for the word "clean" (without quotes) and it will give you information that shows when it happened and its stages. I've used it in the past for sure. Hope that helps!

45 Posts

April 3rd, 2014 11:00

You can even run canned report on Data domain EM, for filesystem, which will give you history of cleaning "Filesystem Daily", with the time it took and the space it reclaimed during a specific run, alongwith the weekly summary on filesystem usage. This report can be generated even with custom interval, so whenever you want to check the history of Cleaning it comes handy.

The instructions on running the reports are in administration guide.

Thanks,

rprnairj

59 Posts

November 25th, 2014 03:00

You can check when cleaning start by searching the messages log file for the below:

Nov 25 06:00:04 dd_test_1 ddfs[20453]: NOTICE: MSG-GC-00009: Cleaning started

Nov 25 06:03:13 dd_test_1 ddfs[20453]: NOTICE: MSG-GC-00005: Cleaning completed: Tier (Active)

1 Message

December 3rd, 2020 06:00

Along with the answers already supplied simply running the command "file sys clean status" will tell you the status of the filesys cleaning, such as; 83% completed, or Cleaning finished at 2019/12/03 02:42:12.

No Events found!