Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 25th, 2014 04:00

ddboost replication over interface not in ddboost interface group

Hi, is it possible to direct ddboost replication data over a network interface that is not a member of the ddboost interface group?

We have a system with 2 * 10gb interfaces configured within the ddboost ifgroup. Backups are currently directed to the system using a ddboost if group IP address. Replication is functioning successfully using ddboost and initiated using the backup software.

I also have 2 * 1gb interfaces configured as a failover group and I would like replication to be directed over these interfaces. These interfaces are not members of the IFgroup. I would like to know how do I use these interfaces for replication but maintain the use of the 10gb interfaces for local backups.

Is it as simple as specifying entries in the local host file of each data domain so that they reference each other by the 1gb IP address?

Are static routes required to be setup on each data domain rather than host file entries?

Or do I need to configure the data domain using command options such as 'ddboost file-replication'.

Thanks, Mark

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

April 25th, 2014 06:00

In hosts file on both DDs do:

IP_of_Interface_you_wish_to_use     front_name_of_remote_DD

That will do the trick.  I was once told by support you must restart DD, but I suspect all you need to do is restart ddboost service (but you may restart whole DD just to be safe and within support recommendations).

Hi, thanks for the response.

I will give it a try. Sounds easy enough.

Mark

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

Give it a try.  Then with ddboost sh conn you can see in columns Src-repl and Dst-repl which interface is used.

6 Posts

February 20th, 2015 13:00

Hi,

Are you using NetWorker CCR, can you share screenshot of devices created on NetWorker, pools, Clone jobs, and configuration on Data Domains (Network, DDBOOST, etc.) ?

Thanks

No Events found!