Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 4th, 2011 22:00

Group by operator result mod

Hello all,

Just did a very simple customised report in grouping all clients together from a Backup Save Set Details source, to get a total number of backup sizes done per client.  Also did an order as well based on client host name.  The problem I have is that the result of the size are all added up and reported as TB, is there a way to make it report in GB or even MB as a setting or an operator somewhere?

So in the data flow of the custom report:

Backup Save Set Details -> Group By clients (Group By operator) -> Order -> End.

Result at the moment:

Client       Server           Size (TB)

I need to change the TB to GB or even MB.

Cheers,

Alex.

59 Posts

August 8th, 2011 05:00

Hi Alex

You can still use Total Size - just group by BOTH Server and Client fields (tick them both)  ;)

Asa for the Noted column - this is due to your setting in the Times tab of the 'Total Size" datasource - it is probably set to 'User Default' which then looks at your GUI preferences option named 'Number of points' (defaults to 25) and tries to return you interval information (25 per client) - thus what seems to be duplicates.  Set the Interval type to "No interval".

The interval setting is mainly used in graphing purposes.

This is actually covered in one of the lab exercises in EMC Education's DPA course.

HTH

-E

59 Posts

August 5th, 2011 01:00

Hi

That is actually quite inefficient.  You should rather use the "Total Size" or "Total Size (MB)" datasource and on the properties of the datasource, there is a 'Group By' tab where you can select/tick 'Client'.

The scaling of the Size field in controlled by the report's appearance settings - use the Report Appearance Toolbar - click "Fields"  - click on the Scaling option for the Size field and you'll see the drop down list ;)

This much more efficient that taking "ALL" job rows and then grouping or summing just to get the size when there is already an optimised datasource for that :)

HTH

-E

August 7th, 2011 16:00

Hello Elvin,

Thank you for the helpful answer, but with the use of the Total Size datasource I wont have the Server field (that designates the Networker server the client belongs to) and for some reason it also added another column of Noted to the output (which I find no option to exclude from either the data source, the order operator I am using to sort or the Table Fields Editor in the report's appearance setting either).

The scaling bits was what I was after, silly me forgot about that.  Thanks heaps

Cheers,

Alex.

No Events found!