Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 16th, 2012 02:00

How do I "brand" or change the watermark on the reports?

I believe this can be done, but cannot find any documentation. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

thanks

59 Posts

May 16th, 2012 04:00

DPA GUI -> System Settings -> Processes Tab -> Publisher -> Watermark

59 Posts

I think it has to be in the $DPA_INSTALL_DIR/images directory and of .png type

8 Posts

Thansk Elvin. I assumed it was something to do with that, but what? I have tried putting a path to the image i want in there and that did not work.

Does it need to go into a specific folder, or be a speific name / file type?

8 Posts

May 16th, 2012 05:00

thanks Elvin, I am still stuggling though.

The following exist as Images folders

C:\Program Files\EMC\DPA\Illuminator_Server\JBoss\server\illuminator\deploy\jmx-console.war\images

C:\Program Files\EMC\DPA\_jvm\lib\images

C:\Program Files\EMC\DPA\jre\lib\images

C:\Program Files\EMC\DPA\webapps\root\images

C:\Program Files\EMC\DPA\Illuminator_Server\JBoss\server\illuminator\deploy\management\console-mgr.sar\web-console.war\images

I assume it is meant to be under \webapps\root\images and have an image in there called watermark.png, with a Value of C:\Program Files\EMC\DPA\webapps\root\images\watermark.png applied to the field

DPA GUI -> System Settings -> Processes Tab -> Publisher -> Watermark.

59 Posts

May 16th, 2012 05:00

Further info, the watermark image can be located in the ../images sub-dir of the DPA install location OR it can be a URL (so that all DPA GUI’s can access it) – thus it can’t really be a local share or drive.

It can also be a .jpg file and although there is not real limitation on the image size, it is suggested to use 800x800

HTH

59 Posts

May 17th, 2012 08:00

Great ☺ thanks for the update

8 Posts

May 17th, 2012 08:00

Ok, got there eventually. Final way that worked was (as Elvin said) to have it on an ftp site that can be referenced as a URL.

You need to change it in DPA GUI -> System Settings -> Processes Tab -> GUI-> Watermark for the local GUI, and DPA GUI -> System Settings -> Processes Tab -> Publisher -> Watermark for the reports emailed out.

To apply to all GUIs (after the java cache is cleared and it is re-downoaded), then you need to amend the gui_config file in the install directory to point to it.

No Events found!