Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 25th, 2016 06:00

How to access details in "backup Report Card"

Hi,

I'm new with DPA, and i would like to know if it's possible to access detail of an error for example if i click on "RED" severity?

Thank's by advance

Régis

1.2K Posts

October 25th, 2016 09:00

Assuming you're looking at this report in the DPA interface, the answer is "yes".  When you create a Report Card report, each of the results are linked to a new report:

2016-10-25 11_51_16-Data Protection Advisor.png

Clicking on the result creates a new report, "Backup Job Summary for Report Card", using the client selected:

2016-10-25 11_51_50-Data Protection Advisor.png

You can then click on the Success/Fail report to get a new report, "Backup Failed Jobs for Report Card":

2016-10-25 11_52_09-Data Protection Advisor.png

I don't know if that's still true for reports published into Sharepoint or published via email, but it's certainly true for the DPA interface itself.

Let us know if that helps!

Karl

8 Posts

October 26th, 2016 01:00

Thank's for your answer

I run the report Card in DPA Interface and when i click on the result nothing happen, perhaps i forgot something ?

If you can help me.

Thank you

Régis

8 Posts

October 27th, 2016 05:00

I try with IE, i verify pop up are disabled, but nothing happens.

I am agree with you normally the result is link with a new report.

Have you an idee?

Thank's by advance

Régis

1.2K Posts

October 27th, 2016 06:00

I've tested Chrome, IE 11, Firefox and Safari - in all cases, when I click on a report card, it opens a new report in a new tab.  I was able to do this with my administrative account and with a limited account for our help desk.  I can't find an option that should control this.

I think you need to open a ticket with EMC. 

Thanks!

8 Posts

October 27th, 2016 07:00

Hi Karl,

I found the problem.

The account used was assigned with a specific "Default Report Menu" which does not include all the template, then when i click it was impossible to open the report link, for example "Backup summary for report card".

I create a new account with ""Default Report Menu=Navigator menu" and it works.

Thank you for your help

Régis

1.2K Posts

October 29th, 2016 15:00

Awesome!  Please be sure to mark the issue solved, in case anyone searches for the same issue!

Glad you got it worked out!

No Events found!