Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 30th, 2012 06:00

How to find a report other than schedule report editor?

Hi,

There is a report in which I need to edit the DL, I am unbale to find the report on Schedule report editor is there any other way we can find this reports?

25 Posts

January 31st, 2012 09:00

Hi:

If you need to find a report to run it:

All default reports should show up on the default Navigator Menu. So if you right click on a Node and the Navigator menu if your default report menu, it will show all available reports for the type of node you selected.

Note: The report menus on DPA are context sensible. That means if you select a Backup client as the node for your report, the non Backup clients reports should not show up, like for example Performance>Processor will not show up for a Backup client, but ir will for a Networker Server.

If you are looking to run a custom report, you must add it first to a Report Menu. I would recommend you to create your own menu, save it on your preferences as your default menu and then add all the reports you need. You can start creating your own Menu by making a copy of the default Navigator Menu and then edit it.. You can find the Menu Editor under Tools at the DPA top menu bar.

The details on how adding reports to the Menus are very straight forward and I'm pretty sure you can figure that out; otherwise you can check the DPA Manual available on EMC Power Link DPA Support.

If you need to find a report to customize it:

Select Report Editor under Tools at the DPA top menu bar.

The Report Editor windows will open and then you can click on the open icon or click on File>Open. On both cases the Open window will show up, all DPA available reports, both the default and the custom ones. You can select from there the one you need.

Remember that default report cannot be edited, you must Save-As the default report and create a copy that you can then edit. Finally do not forget adding the report to you Report menu.

I hope that helps

Enrique

7 Posts

February 1st, 2012 03:00

Hi Enrique,

Thanks for the reply, this is data domain replication status report, I want to edit the DL of this report.

6 Posts

May 9th, 2013 07:00

I followed your instructions and found only the standard reports that came with DPA in the Menu tree. I think that Nithya might have the same concern that I do, that is, how to find a *customized* report based on one of the canned reports. I have only been able to find my customized reports created in the Report Editor from the Report Editor window, and only the customized reports I created in the Scheduled Report Editor from the Scheduled Report Editor window. In other words, I can't customize a report in one editor window and open it from the other editor window. If that how DPA is designed, I consider it a flaw.

23 Posts

July 29th, 2013 08:00

You need to create a custom menu that is either just your reports or you can perform a save as of the default navigation menu.  Then you can add the custom reports or create a folder and add the reports to your menu.  DO NOT forget to then give your user accounts that need this menu, the ability to view the menu by editing the user.

No Events found!