Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 2nd, 2015 09:00

Is DPA 6 user friendly?

4 yrs ago, I worked with DPA 5.x (can't remember which version exactly) to collect stats for NW 7.6.1 and DD880.  It was very user unfriendly.  Any backup job over 24 hr would be treated as failed.  The backup size did not match report generated from NMC because if NMC db was busy, it would collect the data thru NW mm.  I could not recall whether it calculated based on 1GB = 1000MB or 1024MB.  I recalled the default settings did not match the one with NetWorker.  Config report was not so easy.  When DPA was collecting data from NW server, the NW server was very slow!!!

Now, one of the site may use DPA.  Wonder if it is still the same nightmare for version 6. 

73 Posts

August 3rd, 2015 06:00

Hello, and thank you for your question regarding DPA 6.  The latest release, version 6.2 SP1 offers significant ease-of-use and speed-to enhancements over previous versions, all of which are vast improvements over DPA 5.

Rather than go through all the features and enhancements one-by-one, why don't you try it yourself to see how easy it is to use and the speed and performance improvements.  DPA 6 offers a free 60 day trial.  Simply download it and use it:  Data Protection Advisor - Data Protection Management - EMC

No Events found!