Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

1 Rookie

• 

81 Posts

August 21st, 2018 01:00

Publish Dashboard

Does anyone know how to publish dashboard to a group of people?

I can see the Publish Dashboard option but it is greyed out.

1.2K Posts

August 21st, 2018 14:00

What is your delivery mechanism?  Do you wish to email the dashboard?  Can you post a screenshot?

1 Rookie

• 

81 Posts

August 27th, 2018 01:00

If possible i would like to publish the dashboard to our backup report website instead give the access to all clients or server owner.

attached is the screenshot of my dashboardDPA Dashboard.PNG.png

1.2K Posts

August 28th, 2018 13:00

Once you have made your Dashboard template, you can publish it to the web.  To do so, you have two options:

1) you can publish to SharePoint, if you go the Admin pane and setup a connector/login to a SharePoint server in your environment

2) you can publish the dashboard as an .html file

The first one is pretty easy, as Microsoft provides all the components and you don't have to much after it's all set up.  However, this only works in SharePoint, and even then, only certain WebParts can interact with it, so you'll need to have a competent SharePoint admin to help build anything complex on your pages.

The second one takes a bit more work.  When you publish .html to a file, DPA can only write the file to a local filesystem.  In most cases, you'll need to move this file to another server - your webserver - for your users to see/interact with.  In our case, we installed a simple FTP client to push the .html file from the DPA to a specific folder on the web server.

Let us know if that helps!

Karl

No Events found!