Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 11th, 2013 13:00

Retention reporting for Avamar

I have created a custom report and have a lot of what I need.  I am missing, however, the ability to show the retention policy applied to a specific job/client.  I have tried using the data source of "Backup Job Details with Retention" but unfortunately the retention column gives a number that seems not to correlate to anything useful.  I have also tried other sources and the closest I have come is when the backup will expire which does not give me the retention.  The only way I have found to be able to pull the policies on the grid are by using the "Avamar Retention Policy Configuration" and run it against the grid and not against a group.  There is still no correlation to get them to match up with retention of backup clients.  Any help would be appreciated.

June 9th, 2014 10:00

2nd this issue. I've been through all the reports I can find in dpa and still can't get this data. Does anyone know what the numeric value that is reported means?

June 10th, 2014 08:00

The number in the retention field is in seconds. Its not the retention scheduled but the time it will hold on to any single backup I'm assuming

23 Posts

June 10th, 2014 09:00

That is correct.  Unfortunately when you are trying to build pricing models it makes it a little bit more difficult to come up with something usable out of the number of seconds without having to go through different iterations.  The frustrating part is that if you look at the activities_2 view that most of the data in DPA comes from for Avamar, it has a field already there for retention policy applied to the client.  It would just be a matter of exposing that field.  I have made this request previously but have not seen it delivered as of yet.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 9th, 2014 07:00

You need to connect

data source : Backup Job Details

to

operator : Extended Job Info

Then you will get some additional fields such as 'retention'

4 Posts

February 19th, 2018 03:00

Hi rshultz,

Did you managed to add retention policy name for a specific client?

Thanks

Dani

No Events found!