Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 31st, 2015 08:00

Provider installation

When I try to install the DellBIOSProvider on new computers, I cannot import the module DellBIOSProvider.dll.  I always receive the error:

VERBOSE: Performing InitializeDefaultDrives operation on the 'DellSmbiosprov'provider.

import-module : Could not load file or assembly 'DSMBLibWrapper.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be

found.

At C:\Program Files\Dell\PowerShell\Modules\DellBIOSProvider\DellBIOSProvider-installer.ps1:65 char:2

+ import-module .\DellBIOSProvider.psd1 -Verbose

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (:) [Import-Module], FileNotFoundException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : NewDriveProviderException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ImportModuleCommand

Can you tell me what's wrong? I successfully installed it on already configured computers running Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 but it always failed on out-of-the-box computers.

On the one I am working on, I installed both VC2010 C++ runtimes (x64 then x6) but it don't help.

Any clue will be appreciated.

June 29th, 2016 04:00

Hi Tarun,

thanks for your feedback, that solved it! :-)

Meanwhile, it took so long until my question had been reviewed, I found this solution, too. ;-)

But nevertheless, thank you for your help, and the 'validation' of this solution.

Best regards,
Sebastian

11 Posts

July 5th, 2016 12:00

Hi,

I have a similar problem with import-module command. I receive an error about PS-Drive not installed. The install continues though.

It's a Dell Latitude E7450 with Windows 7 64bit installed. VC++ 2010, 2012 and 2013 runtime modules are installed.

On another machine which is a OptiPlex 9020 with Windows 7 64bit and VC++ 2010 and 2013 installed I was able to run the import-module command with no problem PS-Drive is there, although VC2012 is not installed

So I have a few questions:

- Is VC++ 2012 required when VC++ 2013 is installed?

- Why cannot the module load PS-Drive? Is it caused from the VC++ runtimes?

Thanks,

Edy

No Events found!