Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 3rd, 2022 17:00

isHighlyActiveTopic

Alternatives to Dell Mobile Connect

I just opened Dell Mobile Connect today and it says at the bottom that the app won't be available to be downloaded by this July. I know Microsoft has their own Your Phone app, but it has no support for iOS. The Dell Mobile Connect app on the other hand did with many useful functions that as far as I'm aware, no other iOS > Windows linking software can do. Is there any alternatives out there to achieve similar functionality to the Dell Mobile Connect app?

11 Posts

February 13th, 2023 16:00

1 Message

July 22nd, 2022 20:00

has anyone found a solution to the linking of iPhone to dell windows 11 now that the dell mobile connect has gone, wanting a solution for apple not android. thanks

August 1st, 2022 09:00

Again - Alienware/Dell doing away with something without rhyme or reasoning... Or more importantly an alternative option. Here is some alternative ideas found thus far: https://alternativeto.net/software/dell-mobile-connect/

1 Message

August 2nd, 2022 08:00

Some body know wich app to use unstead

16 Posts

August 8th, 2022 01:00

For iPhone users this is the only windows app that has some degree of iMessage syncing.

Bummer they are getting rid of it soon... it was one of the main reasons I got an XPS instead of another MacBook.

I still use it and will continue to use it until November or January & hopefully after that if they keep the unsupported app up for a while.

rip

1 Message

August 21st, 2022 16:00

I saw the same website but nothing works. 

18 Posts

August 29th, 2022 05:00

for once there was something useful it's just scrapped...

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

September 27th, 2022 11:00

As an iPhone user (and heavy into Apple-Ecosystem) I've found that iCloud for Windows works fine for me. I really like the syncing with Outlook-2021 . Still works after all these years. This new version (you get it from the Microsoft App Store now-days) is the best-yet. 

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

September 27th, 2022 11:00

@tlatch52 wrote:

For iPhone users this is the only windows app that has some degree of iMessage syncing.

Bummer they are getting rid of it soon... it was one of the main reasons I got an XPS instead of another MacBook.

Interesting.

Yeah, I see people complaining about no iMessage, etc. clients. Do you think they know you can iMessage (and all the rest) on Macs computers and iPads ?

October 17th, 2022 09:00

• If your computer is fast enough for this to work decently, you can run a MacOS virtual machine 
  • For iMessage specifically, you can get Bluebubbles and run MacOS on an old outdated Mac as the server or on a spare windows or Linux computer running a Mac VM like above. If you’re just using it for a bluebubbles server, the speed requirements are a lot lower. Bluebubbles is my iMessage lord and savior. It blows Dell’s message feature out of the water
  • For file transfer, use KDE connect

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

October 17th, 2022 10:00

@Tesla1856 wrote:

As an iPhone user (and heavy into Apple-Ecosystem) I've found that iCloud for Windows works fine for me. I really like the syncing with Outlook-2021 . Still works after all these years. This new version (you get it from the Microsoft App Store now-days) is the best-yet. 

How does it compare to access via web site iCloud.com? When I looked at what the app supports, it does not list a few items that are available on iCloud.com, such as Account Settings, Reminders, Find iPhone, etc.

Here's a screen capture of what's available when I access iCloud.com:

Capture.PNG

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

February 4th, 2023 08:00

@filbert wrote:

@Tesla1856 wrote:

How does it compare to access via web site iCloud.com? When I looked at what the app supports, it does not list a few items that are available on iCloud.com, such as Account Settings, Reminders, Find iPhone, etc.

Here's a screen capture of what's available when I access iCloud.com:

Capture.PNG

Sorry, just now seeing your message.

Yes, I use iCloud.com also.

iCloud for Windows is for your main (daily driver) Windows computer where you have your Microsoft Office-2021/Office-365 Installed. It syncs your Outlook-2021 Contacts & Calendars with your iPhone/iCloud . In turn, this should put them everywhere (iPad, Apple-Watch, CarPlay vehicle, etc.). It also copies photos to your local machine so they are always there ready to be used (without having to download them from iCloud.com ). It does some other cool stuff as well.  

February 4th, 2023 20:00

Am I really the only Android user with this problem?  Does anyone have an idea of an alternative to Dell Mobile Connect that I can use?  Thank you ahead of time for considering.

1 Message

February 12th, 2023 13:00

The WHOLE POINT of this is to be able to use iMessage on Windows.  Texting from an ipad or iphone exists, everyone knows that, the idea here, is to be able to use iMessage on our Windows machines coupled with our iPhones, for example.

February 12th, 2023 14:00

I think most of the focus has been on iOS devices in this thread because there are few good options for cross-device text messaging from iPhones, aside from Apple's proprietary iMessage client, which only works on macOS. On Windows, Dell Mobile Connect (DMC) was really the only game in town.

For Android, there are actually a lot more choices:

• For both messaging and general tasks (photos etc.), the "Phone Link" app that comes with Windows 10/11 is fairly comparable to DMC.
  • For messaging specifically, in my experience, Google's "Messages for web" was better at syncing with my device than either DMC or Phone Link. It's also super simple -- you can check you messages anywhere you have a web browser by visiting messages.google.com.
    • You would need to have "Messages by Google" as your texting app. Many newer Android devices include it by default, but it's also available as a free download on the Google Play Store.

KDE Connect was mentioned earlier in this thread. In addition to the features it offers on iOS (also very comparable to DMC), it also has a messaging feature exclusive to Android. Possibly the best all-around suite of features, with the added benefits of being cross-platform and open source.

No Events found!