Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

8 Posts

August 23rd, 2018 07:00

Custom groups are no longer displayed

I currently have a big problem that my user-defined groups are no longer displayed.
I have created about 85 user-defined groups and filled them with my devices.
Worked well so far, but suddenly I don't see a single user-defined group anymore.
This is of course a disaster for me because I have already put a lot of work into it.
I already restarted the server and I tried it with several browsers.
None of this brings any result

What I often noticed was that when a user-defined group was created it often took longer until it was visible or you had to log out and log in again.
Maybe this is where the problem lies?

Somebody help me out here, please. I'm already desperate.

Thank you
Best regards

August 24th, 2018 04:00

Hello

Thank you for your answer

I already tried to restart the services but without success.
Only I see this message when starting the services or rebooting the appliance.
Is it possible it could be something?

thank you

Kind regards

mandragora

VpxClient_2018-08-24_13-09-13.pngVpxClient_2018-08-24_13-11-25.png

August 24th, 2018 04:00

I am having the same similar issue, I am already aware of restarting the service for OME, but I noticed if you let it sit for a few days you will lose the custom group. I have around 100 devices sorted in custom groups. Something is stopping it, I do not see the memory or CPU going out of control, everything looks normal.

Mandragora99

To fix your issue, restart the service. Go into the server not the OME console and down to restart service, it's right above reboot the appliance, that will bring it back for you when it finish restarting the services.

August 24th, 2018 05:00

Hello mandragora,

Sometimes, you might need to restart the service a few times. Usually when I get that issue, What I would do is restart the server from within the options, and wait for the server to come back up, do not log in to the console wait about 2 to 3 minutes and restart the service, wait for it to come back up, log in then restart the services again and it will come back up.

I'm thinking for larger device groups this issue is common, cause I get it quite often, but 60% of the time it will come back up with the above steps. 

Hope that helps you out.

No Events found!