Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

WA

March 9th, 2018 06:00

OM Enterprise Integration with vSphere

Hi team

Please can you advise if there are plans for OM Enterprise to have a vSphere vCenter/vROPS integration?

Thanks

- William

2.8K Posts

March 14th, 2018 07:00

Hi and thanks for the question.  I don't have any news on a vSphere / vROPS integration with OpenManage Enterprise.  But we do have some other OpenManage plugin info here:

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/systems-management/w/wiki/1961.openmanage-integration-for-vmware-vcenter

Thanks much,

Rob

March 15th, 2018 03:00

Thanks Rob. Yes, I have the links to OMIVV.

However, OMIVV only provides a portal to manage the ESXi host servers and possibly other servers in the infrastructure. 

OME (Essentials or Enterprise) will manage a myriad of infrastructure devices - from storage to servers to networking.

What I was wondering was:

#1 - whether OMIVV was going to receive an update to bring it in-line with OM Enterprise - look / feel / functionality, OR

#2 - with OM Enterprise being launched as a virtual appliance for installation as an OVF template on ESXi (for instance), does this do away with the need for OMIVV?  Will OM Enterprise replace OMIVV?

Thanks,

- William

2.8K Posts

March 15th, 2018 06:00

Hi William,

Thanks for the clarification.  I don't have any more info on future products at this time.  Sorry!

Rob

No Events found!