Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

14 Posts

August 20th, 2019 07:00

OpenManage Ent 3.2.1

I'm having a heck of a time getting it to integrate with AD, we do not have SSL, is it not possible to AD integrate if that is the case?  I've tried many ports and different settings and nothing happens.

I get an immediate error of CSEC5026 within seconds of hitting test connection.  I do have a case open but they seem to think it is a networking issue which makes no sense as we don't really have much segregation on our network.

Are there logs that dell can pull?

14 Posts

August 20th, 2019 09:00

I'm using the correct creds and the correct IP, and still get the same error, I even put it on the same host and subnet (prior it was on two different subnets) and still get the same error.  Is there a cli for the appliance?

The register DNS worked so that tells me it can get to the DC, I also can ping the IP from my box which is on the other subnet.

• 

6.2K Posts

August 20th, 2019 09:00

Hello

Certificate validation is optional. The test connection tests your ability to login to the domain server with the provided credentials. Are you using DNS or manual? If you are using DNS then OMEnt needs to be using a DNS server that can resolve the AD server. I use manual on my lab server, I just imported AD without issue using these settings. I agree that it sounds like a networking issue. Either OMEnt doesn't have network access to the server or the settings for the server are not correct.

OMEnt ADOMEnt AD

Thanks

Community Manager

• 

711 Posts

August 20th, 2019 12:00

Hi,

Support is the right path to take here so they can gather debug logs to investigate further. 

The only other thing to check is the format used for username is either email ID or domain\username.

Regards

Abhijit

14 Posts

August 21st, 2019 04:00

That'd be amazing if they had asked for the logs, but that isn't what happened, they just immediately blamed the network, I'd think logs would point to what exactly is the cause.

14 Posts

October 3rd, 2019 05:00

So you do in fact need SSL AD to use ldap login, the documentation doesn't state that clearly but it is a requirement.

6 Posts

July 26th, 2021 21:00

Hey Tommy_S,

Wondering if you ever resolved this issue. Having the same problem with version 3.6.1. Same network, same VM host. DNS and Server Initiated Discovery all communicating correctly. Just cannot talk to AD? I did not check the certificate?

Is there something on the AD server that needs to be set?

Kind Regards

No Events found!