Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

15 Posts

September 5th, 2018 04:00

Openmanage Enterprise and Wildcard certificate

Hi,

During our test, we try to add a Wildcard SSL Certificate without success (certificate is good, test on other appliance with success) .

Always same error :

Error occurred while uploading SSL certificate

• CSEC9002 - Unable to upload the certificate because the certificate file provided is invalid.

Is it possible to add a wildcard certificate?

Regards

15 Posts

September 12th, 2018 06:00

Hi,

Do you have any news on this subject?

Regards,

1K Posts

September 17th, 2018 02:00

Hi,

OMEnterprise has not been tested with wildcard certificates. I will put this forward to the right guys to see if it can be tested with wildcard certificates and see if that works.

In the meanwhile, if you still want to know why it is not working, you may want to open a support ticket so that we can take a closer look at why this certificate is not working

Thanks,

Pupul

I am putting the contact details of support in a format which might not get pulled down from this forum 8-0-0-9-4-5-3-3-5-5. Hope this helps.

1 Message

February 27th, 2020 07:00

Hi, I have depolyed Dell OME 3.2.0 from ovf file.

The same issue i've. 

I can't upload my wildcard certificate file (crt,cer,pfx,pem).

Is there a new solution for this issue?

Best regards 

1 Message

May 24th, 2021 10:00

Can you please allow uploading your own private key (.key) with corresponding certificate file (.crt) so we can use our wildcard certificates? Please implement this very wanted feature request. Every year going back to the CA to extend the certificate for every service we run is not manageable. 

May 18th, 2023 07:00

Any updates here on the subject?

• 

8.4K Posts

May 18th, 2023 07:00

https://dell.to/3MBjxFA,

The Wildcard SSL certificate will be added in the upcoming OpenManage 4.0 release. Unfortunately I don't currently have the specifics on its release date though.

Let me know if this helps.

July 24th, 2023 06:00

Hi,

Would it be possible to get some sort of official documentation stating that wildcard SSL certificates are not currently valid or some stating that this will be added as a new feature in future releases?
Thanks in advance

• 

3.3K Posts

July 24th, 2023 10:00

Hello Roger.Reiher,

I checked with one of the Systems Management Engineer. It is currently not available in released versions.

It is scheduled to be in OM Enterprise 4.0, which is due out late September/ early October.

There is not documentation for the version yet.

No Events found!