Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

6 Posts

May 22nd, 2020 11:00

Update multiple devices

Is it possible to create an automatic task to update all firmware on multiple devices that for example does not require a reboot, rather than manually selecting this on each device?

Thanks

4 Operator

• 

2.9K Posts

May 22nd, 2020 15:00

Hey John,

To my knowledge, there's not a way to qualify between reboots and not, but I can't claim certainty on that one. The User Guide should be of use to you, though.

https://dell.to/3gi5brl

6 Posts

May 27th, 2020 07:00

It looks like if you run a Firmware Compliance report you can filter component down, but it doesn't look like an advanced filter exists for Reboot Required, so that would be a nice addition.

Also if you do filter component for say example iDRAC, that shows as Reboot Required NO, but the device itself shows as YES still.

JohnB88_0-1590590248427.png

Would selecting all here, with a filter of on to highlight only iDRAC ensure that only that component got updated when you hit Update Firmware?

Because if you manually go to a device via the Service Tag hyperlink and manually check under the Firmware tab all components are pre-selected?

3 Posts

December 15th, 2021 00:00

Hi JohnB88, I do have the same question. If I filter by "iDRAC" in Advance Filters > Component Contains - and I select all servers, does it only update the iDRAC? I fear other components might be selected as well but do not show up because of the active filter. It also shows me Reboot required: "Yes", and that makes me nervous.

• 

3.5K Posts

December 15th, 2021 08:00

Hello,

officially as Dylan said, there is no way to do such filter, but let's see if JohnB88 found a workaround for this.

Thanks

Marco

No Events found!