Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 8th, 2012 09:00

Editing Tasks in OME

Just wondering if there is any way to Edit Tasks and if not, will this be addressed in a future release of the product?

For, what I think to be obvious reasons, I do not wish to update 100 servers at once using a remote task, but I find that the inability to edit a task already created for say 10 servers, cannot be modified to run for another 10 servers.

Other than that, although I'm still 'kicking the tires', this product does appear to work quite well.

Regards,

KBeau

387 Posts

June 8th, 2012 10:00

Thanks Abhijit!   I can totally understand the issue of versions and applicable OS of the different systsms involved.   I should have stated that I'm simply updating OMSA on my Windows servers, but I do appreciate your consideration!

Community Manager

• 

711 Posts

Hi KBeau,

Thanks for your feedback!!

We do have some sample tasks which you can clone and edit. Those will allow you to modify the targets and schedules. We can definitely look at making tasks editable for future. There are some challenges in making software update tasks as editable since the original packages may not be available or applicable to different set of servers. We will surely look at this requirement.

Regards

Abhijit

Community Manager

• 

711 Posts

Thanks for the clarification. We will surely look at it. Have you looked at Sample OMSA upgrade task for windows? You can clone that and edit it to target the appropriate servers.

Regards

Abhijit

387 Posts

June 8th, 2012 11:00

That is exactly what I am doing.  I guess when I think about it, it is really only a few more steps in being able to modify a previous task as it is to clone the sample task that's already there.

Again, I thank you for your time,

KBeau

Community Manager

• 

711 Posts

June 8th, 2012 12:00

Thanks for the updates KBeau. I agree with you and we'll look at it for future versions. There are few differences between modifying a task and editing sample task.

Associated OMSA package with the task is not present for a sample task. Allowing editing of previously run task may necessitate keeping the package around after the task has completed but we can look into it.

Regards

Abhijit

No Events found!