Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 10th, 2013 11:00

How to setup Dell Warranty Expiration Alerts

Hello, I just installed OME v1.2 and all is well!  Easy install BTW.  All the data is collecting good along with warranty info.

Is there a way to setup alerts of upcoming warranty expiration?

Step by step instructions please!

Thanks,

-Tim

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

July 10th, 2013 13:00

Hi Tim,

I'm really glad to hear of your good progress so far.

Here is some info on the Warranty alerts.

Let me know how it goes.

Rob

--

You have two options for warranty notifications. Both can be found under ‘Preferences’ -> ‘Warranty Notification Settings’.

The first option is the warranty email notification feature. The warranty email notification uses the same SMTP server as email alerts. This feature is configurable and allows you to set up a recurring email. The recurring email includes all devices that have ‘X’ number of days or less of warranty remaining. The email also includes service tags and a direct link to the warranty page for each device.

The second is the warranty scoreboard notification. The warranty scoreboard notification is a configurable scoreboard item. You configure the number of days remaining in a warranty. The scoreboard will show a warranty icon and the number of devices that have ‘X’ number of days or less remaining in the warranty. You can click on the scoreboard icon and view a report of all the devices with a warranty of ‘X’ days or less. In the report, you can configure and preview modifying the number of days of warranty.

To setup warranty email notifications:

1. Navigate to ‘Preferences’ -> ‘Warranty Notification Settings’

2. Check ‘Enable Warranty Email Notifications’

3. Type all ‘To’ address separated by a ‘;’. (Example: Bill@example.com; Sarah@example.com)

4. Type a ‘From’ address. (Example: Ome@example.com)

5. Select or type a number value for ‘All Devices with’ *value* ‘Days or less of warranty’. This determines which devices will be included based on the number of days remaining in the device’s warranty.

6. If expired warranties should be included (devices with 0 days of warranty left), check ‘Include Devices with Expired Warranties’.

7. Select or type a number value for ‘Send email every’ *value ‘Days’. This is the frequency between emails. (Example: Every 7 days will send an email once a week at the time specified in step 8).

8. Enter a date and time for the next email to send. The date should be a future date. This value will get updated when an email is sent.

9. If needed, configure email settings (Email Settings). This is where you specify the name or IP of the SMTP server, credentials of the SMTP server, and other email settings.

10. Click ‘Apply’.

To setup warranty scoreboard notifications:

1. Navigate to ‘Preferences’ -> ‘Warranty Notification Settings’

2. Check ‘Enable Warranty Scoreboard Notifications’

3. Select or type a number value for ‘All Devices with’ *value* ‘Days or less of warranty’. This determines which devices will be included based on the number of days remaining in the device’s warranty.

4. If expired warranties should be included (devices with 0 days of warranty left), check ‘Include Devices with Expired Warranties’.

5. Click ‘Apply’.

*Note* If the icon does not show up in the scoreboard, there are 0 devices that meet the warranty days remaining criteria. It is possible that the warranty has not been updated. To update, go to ‘Reports’ -> ‘Warranty Information’. Loading this report should automatically update the warranty information of the devices.

3 Posts

July 10th, 2013 17:00

Worked like a charm!

It did include all of my virtual machines however.  Is there a way to filter those out?

Thanks,

-Tim

November 28th, 2013 00:00

Can We filter What type of Warranty should be mailed or alerted?

Adithya

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

December 2nd, 2013 20:00

Hi there,

I don't think we have a way to do that.  I'll pass this comment along to the product team for consideration.

Regards,

Rob

No Events found!