Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

June 18th, 2012 09:00

Monitoring Cisco Catalyst 2950 series from OME

Hello,

I know that I have to import MIBs into OME in order to be able to monitor non DELL devices through OME. That's what I did. I was able to discover my switch but Health status is unknown and same thing for device type.

Did I miss something?

Thanks for helping!

Laurent

2.8K Posts

Hi Laurent and thanks for the post.

The MIB import tool provides a way for you to define new hardware alerts and have them formatted in OME.

So now you are able to see the new SNMP traps come in.  You can also do things like add an email alert action to send an email when a critical alert on this device comes in.

But adding the new alerts does not give you the ability to determine the roll-up health of the device. This is a feature we are considering for a future release.  But for now, the device health will be unknown.

Hope this helps.

Rob

Community Manager

• 

711 Posts

Hi Laurent,

Thanks for trying out the MIB import tool. The tool imports the trap definitions so that OME will show formatted traps from the device. It however does not support the functionality for classifying the device, getting the inventory or device health. If you are seeing the formatted traps from the switch, the MIB import is successful and you haven't missed anything.

Regards

Abhijit

17 Posts

Hello,

THabks for helping! COuld you please advise on how to do these:

You can also do things like add an email alert action to send an email when a critical alert on this device comes in.

Thanks a lot!

Laurent

Community Manager

• 

711 Posts

June 18th, 2012 12:00

Hi Laurent,

You can go to Manage->Alerts. Expand the Alert actions tab on the left hand side pane. It will show you various alert actions. You can right click on "Email" to create a new alert email action. It will popup a wizard which will guide you through the options.

You can also try cloning "Sample - Email Critical Server Alerts to Admin" action and then edit the cloned alert action.

There is additional help available in the help menu in OME which will provide more information on the options in the wizard screen.

Regards

Abhijit

No Events found!