Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 12th, 2012 00:00

No warning created although error is reported in hardware protocols

Hello everybody,

I installed OME 1.0 and everything went well. After some time spent with the configuration all my devices showed up. I configured warnings which send E-Mails, that's also working well e.g. when a system is down. Tomorrow i logged in on OME and saw a red cross at one of my VMWare-Hosts, when i switched over to the hardware protocolls it told me that there was an error on one of my DIMMs. But there were no warnings created on that event although OME knew exactly whats missing. 

Did I forget to configure something? I can't find anything missing.

Best regards from Germany,

Stefan 

January 12th, 2012 11:00

you may be seeing a single bit error that didn't roll all the way up to the server status.  or it could be the way the event alert is created.  

if there was no alert then the email action would not have been taken.  you can try to clear the alert from the logs of the target system and see if the error returns.  

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

January 12th, 2012 12:00

Just to clarify a basic question...did you set the managed node to point SNMP traps back to the OME server?  This is described in the First Time Setup tutorial.

January 13th, 2012 03:00

@Rob: Hi Rob, thanks for that hint. I checked the server and it was the only one out of 20 servers that hadn't the snmp pointing to OME.

My fault....sorry for bothering you all

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

January 13th, 2012 06:00

Thanks for letting me know.  No trouble at all :)  Keep us posted on your progress and feedback on OME.  Cheers, Rob

2 Posts

February 29th, 2012 02:00

Hi, we encoutered the same.

For some techincal and organizational reasons we want to avoid snmp traps for this purpose.

Is there a way to get EMail alerted just based on the server status which is polled regularly?

Thanks

Community Manager

• 

711 Posts

February 29th, 2012 08:00

We are definitely looking at the option of generating alerts which can trigger emails based on server health status change for the upcoming release.

2 Posts

February 29th, 2012 09:00

Thanks, any idea when this might be available?

Community Manager

• 

711 Posts

February 29th, 2012 09:00

It may be around Q3-Q4 this year.

March 1st, 2012 00:00

Sounds good, Dell listens to its customers. It hope it will be worth the wait. Thank you very much!

10 Posts

March 2nd, 2012 18:00

Is this functionality based on polling results which we see in the hardware logs ?

Community Manager

• 

711 Posts

March 5th, 2012 06:00

OMe gets the device health by polling the devices. It is triggered by two different ways. There is a default status polling schedule accessible on the Manage->discovery and inventory page from the left pane.

Receiving SNMP trap also triggers a health status poll for the device. The functionality will generate alerts if health staus change is detected as a result of any of the polling cycles.

Regards

Abhijit

No Events found!