Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 5th, 2012 06:00

OME 1.1 / ESXi 5.1 / OMSA 7.1 - Discovery & Inventory trouble

Hello,

We current have an R410 running ESXi 5.1 and OMSA 7.1.  Using OME 1.1 we are unable to Inventory the server.  In OME the device name column shows the IP address and the device type is 'Unclassified'.  The host is listed under the 'Unknown' device group.

Using the Dell Troubleshooting Tool that came with OME I ran a WSMAN protocol test which failed.  Results shown in image below.

I'm using the root/admin account to test with so it doesn't seem likely that permissions are the issue.

What else can I do to properly run a Discovery/Inventory against this server?

Thank you,

Michael B.

327 Posts

December 5th, 2012 13:00

Michael B,

By default WSMAN is configured to use port 443 on ESXi 5.1. Can you check if it is using a different port  on the ESXi system ?

Also make sure to review "Configuring ESX. 4.x and 5.0 for discovery and inventory" tutorial from "Tutorials" page in OME console.

Unless a valid WSMAN connection can be established from troubleshooting tool, OME will be unable to discover and inventory the server.

Thanks,

Raj Shresta

2 Posts

December 6th, 2012 05:00

I ended up enabling SSH access to the host and running "/etc/init.d/wsman status". This showed that the service was running.  I then issued the following commands:

/etc/init.d/wsman stop

/etc/init.d/wsman start

After this, Inventory & Discovery started working.

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

December 6th, 2012 06:00

Thanks for taking the time to update the thread Michael.

I'll see that we get this added as a FAQ.

Regards,

Rob

No Events found!