Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 13th, 2014 09:00

OME 1.2.1 does not inventory some R720 servers

Hi,

I am using OME to update my servers' firmware, BIOS, LifeCycle Controller and using dell repository. I had a problem with some of my R720 boxes. Have removed them from OME than I have reset DRAC's and run hardware inventory on the boxes via DRAC. I have then run Discovery and Inventory in OME. It has found all 8 servers but only one of them has been inventoried and is ready to receive firmware updates. The other 7 are listed as Non-Inventoried systems and stay there regardless of how many times I will run Inventory.

Please advise,

Maciek

2.8K Posts

February 14th, 2014 07:00

Hi and thanks for the question.

So can you confirm you are using WSMan as the protocol in discovery and inventory?

And can you confirm the device is getting classified correctly under the RAC or Server group?

What iDrac version do these R720 servers have?

I just posted this info yesterday:

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/systems-management/f/4494/t/19544885.aspx

Thanks,

Rob

11 Posts

February 14th, 2014 08:00

Hi Rob,

I am not using WSMan I am using SNMP Traps for discovery. Also the DRAC version is 1.51.51

Those servers were inventoried and received one round of updates during our previous cycle about same time last year. Now they were on the list of non-compliant systems but once clicked did not show any updates, so I have decided to delete them from inventory reset the dracs and than I run discovery and inventory in the OME to re add them. 1 of those servers was added correctly 7 others are showing us non-inventoried systems in OME.

Regards,

Maciek

2.8K Posts

February 14th, 2014 11:00

Ok, can you confirm what kind of iDrac?  5, 6 or 7 (12G server)?

Thx

Rob

11 Posts

February 17th, 2014 03:00

Its 12G and DRAC 7 enterprise

11 Posts

February 17th, 2014 07:00

I have installed the hotfix a couple of weeks ago and some of 12Gen hardware is working fine with my current settings but some of them are not behaving as expected. I did not have OMSA installed on any of my servers and currently am monitoring 74 11th and 12th Gen dell servers. after installing the OME 1.2.1 patch I have all of the 11th Gen servers with DRAC6 updating perfectly and also have 2 types of behavior from the 12th Gen servers with DRAC7

1. They update fine

2. Show on non-compliant hardware but once ticked no updates show as available and after removed from OME and re-added will not inventory.

So if some of them are updating using SNMP the others also should be able to.

Regards,

Maciek

2.8K Posts

February 17th, 2014 07:00

Ok...

It looks like you  want to do updates using OME. If you are using SNMP, you will need OMSA installed on the target machines. If you don't go that way, you  will need WS-MAN for the iDracs and will have to install the hotfix noted below.

Thanks,

Rob

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/systems-management/f/4494/t/19544885.aspx

11 Posts

February 18th, 2014 04:00

Hi,

I have managed to resolve all the issuer with R620 models. A DRAC reset and a run of System inventory and then inventory and status refresh in OME did the trick.

I still am having troubles with R720.

see screenshot

2.8K Posts

February 18th, 2014 12:00

Right, so I see you updated with the 1.2.1 patch.  But I want to confirm you applied HF1001 as noted in my post above.

Can you confirm?

Thanks!

Rob

11 Posts

February 19th, 2014 04:00

Rob,

No did not apply that Hotfix yet. I can't connect on the number you have posted it's just giving me the invalid number prompt. Would you be able to provide a number to call to in UK.

Regards,

Maciej

6 Posts

February 20th, 2014 07:00

I am having the exact same issue with 6 R620's with the IDRAC7 Enterprise. WS-MAN finds the iDRACs without issue. OME find the iDRACS via WS-MAN ONLY. ALL 6 devices show as non-inventoried. This only happened after updating the iDRAC firmware to 1.51.51. OME has been patched with hot fix. NO CHANGE. iDRAC was reset to factory defaults (following another post). Still shows as non-inventoried. This is only happening on my R620's. I have two R720's with FW 1.51.51 and OME inventories those servers with out issue. I was told by support that 1.51.51 has known issues and to roll back the FW.

Is rolling back the FW the fix and when will a new FW for the iDRAC7 enterprise be released?

2.8K Posts

February 20th, 2014 19:00

Thanks mrohrer, I think we'll cover this in your other post.  Good since the title calls out the HF clearly.

thx

Rob

11 Posts

February 21st, 2014 02:00

Rob,

The hotfix messed up my OME server completely. Thank god for vmware snapshots. I after installing it I am having issues with DSM Essential DA service (error 1053 service did not start due to timeout). I will try applying missing windows updates and than will do another snapshot and try updating again. I will keep you informed. As it stands now I am more and more inclined to downgrading the iDRAC7 servers to a lower version.

Regards

Maciej

2.8K Posts

February 21st, 2014 12:00

Ok, keep me posted,

The hotfix shouldn't have impacted the service stuff.  The code change would have been more about grabbing the inventory from the iDrac.

If you are running in a VM make sure you have enough cores per the readme :)

thx!

Rob

No Events found!