Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 8th, 2018 10:00

OME 2.4 issue - System Update non-inventoried systems

Since upgrading to OME 2.4 we are having a problem with the System Update section.

Most of our servers show up on the "Non-Inventoried Systems" tab.  We have an inventory job scheduled to run every day.  And manually inventorying a server does not resolve the problem.

Also, most of the time the "Non-Compliant Systems" tab is empty.  We expect most of our servers to show up here as almost all of them need at least one update.  Sometimes after navigating around OME and coming back to this tab there will be many servers listed.  But then later it is empty again.

Any idea what the problem may be?

March 20th, 2018 09:00

Non-compliant tab empty is a different problem altogether with OME 2.4, for which you need to contact Dell Support for resolution.

March 12th, 2018 19:00

Hi, thanks for the query.

How are you discovering your servers, OOB through iDRAC or in-band OMSA based? Additionally, are you servers classified in designated device group, under RAC or Server group?

There is a known issue with devices not showing up in Non-Compliant tab. Please get in touch with Dell Support, they should be able to help you.

1 Rookie

• 

55 Posts

March 13th, 2018 08:00

We are discovering servers through OMSA (SNMP).

Configuration for this hasn't changed for the past several versions of OME, and it worked great before 2.4.

I will try to contact Dell support when I have a chance but if you have guidance it would be appreciated.

March 13th, 2018 22:00

Make sure there is no mismatch in SNMP community string used for discovery. If this is also fine, try running F/w and driver inventory collection task on these servers and see if that helps. White paper for reference below (section 9):

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/extras/m/white_papers/20217144

1 Rookie

• 

55 Posts

March 19th, 2018 14:00

SNMP config didn't change. The string stayed the same.  It just stopped working properly starting with 2.4.

As mentioned in my original post, running an "inventory" doesn't help.

March 19th, 2018 22:00

I suggest you to contact Dell Support, they can take a closer look and help resolve the problem.

1 Rookie

• 

55 Posts

March 20th, 2018 09:00

Looks like part of my problem is because OMSA 9.1 doesn't enable the inventory collector by default.

Going to do that on all our machines, reinventory, and see if it clears up the issue with the "Non-Inventoried" servers.

Still not sure why the "Non-Compliant" servers tab is blank most of the time.

1 Rookie

• 

55 Posts

March 28th, 2018 10:00

Dell support was able to resolve the issue. They had to run a SQL script against the OMEssentials database to fix some problems....

131 Posts

July 10th, 2023 04:00

Any chance you could supply script?

No Events found!