Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

1 Rookie

• 

84 Posts

November 26th, 2014 07:00

OME SMTP Alerts

I'm setting up OME 2.0 and cannot get test emails to work for the alerts. 

I'm running 2012R2. Do I have to install an smtp feature for this to work?

TIA 

Troy

1 Rookie

• 

84 Posts

November 26th, 2014 11:00

Thanks Daniel.

This is the result in the log file.

11/26/2014 13:22:38
Unable to send the email.

System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: 5.7.1 Client does not have permissions to send as this sender
at System.Net.Mail.DataStopCommand.CheckResponse(SmtpStatusCode statusCode, String serverResponse)
at System.Net.Mail.DataStopCommand.Send(SmtpConnection conn)
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)
at sendmail.Program.Main(String[] args)

• 

6.2K Posts

November 26th, 2014 11:00

Hello Troy

Do I have to install an smtp feature for this to work?

No

Is this a local mail server? Most issues with configuring email alerts occur when someone tries to use a web mail service like gmail or yahoo for email alerts. Our OpenManage product line is designed to be used with local mail servers.

To troubleshoot the issue I would suggest that you turn the logging option to "Everything" on the email settings page. That should give detailed information as to what is occurring.

Thanks

• 

6.2K Posts

November 26th, 2014 12:00

It looks like OME is able to contact the mail server, but the mail server is not allowing the mail to be sent. It appears that the mail server settings are correct, and you are able to login using the credentials. Either the credentials or the method appear to be blocked by the mail server.

This looks like a configuration issue on the mail server itself. I would suggest searching that error(5.7.1 Client does not have permissions to send as this sender) to find out which settings to edit on the mail server to allow the mail to be sent.

Thanks

No Events found!