Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 4th, 2016 11:00

OME is not getting inventory and status details for some devices

OME is not getting Inventory and Status details for some servers.

For example when looking at one of our PowerEdge R620s this is all that shows up:

iDRAC firmware and LCC is up-to-date (version 2.21.21.21 is installed.)

I have reset the iDRAC, and that has not helped.  I have no problems with most other R620s in the same Discovery Range.

I have deleted the object in OME and re-discovered it twice over the past week it but that has not helped.

Things look ok when I use the Troubleshooting Tool:

Does anyone have any info on what may be going on here or how to further troubleshoot this issue?

thank you

May 5th, 2016 13:00

Hi,

Thanks for the details in the post.

Wanted to check what version of OME are you using - OME 2.1?

If yes, this behavior with ws-man discovery could potentially because of the certificate expiry on that device. You can launch the iDRAC UI and confirm the certificate details.

In OME 2.1, the WS-Man communication component is updated. The newer component does not communicate with the device if the certificate on that device is expired.

Running sslresetcfg via racadm will reset the certificate. Refer similar threadhttp://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/systems-management/f/4494/t/19653767 for details and solution.

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks,
Vijay

1K Posts

May 6th, 2016 05:00

May 6th, 2016 13:00

That was the problem here.  The iDRAC's SSL cert had expired and I wasn't aware that the WS-MAN on OME 2.1 will not work with an expired cert.

Providing a new cert for the iDRAC has resolved the issue.  Thank you.

No Events found!