Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 24th, 2012 11:00

OMSE and Repo Manager

hi,

i have OMSE & Repo Mgr. installed on the same system. when trying to create a repository for OMSE, while at getting inventory it gives me a 'blank' dialog box with just 'OK' ... have a peak....

and then asks me for credentials

i am part of admins on the server. the OMSE database is hosted remotely and i have admin privileges there too.

and once i enter the account info, it doesnt authenticate me

any ideas ??

Community Manager

• 

711 Posts

April 24th, 2012 12:00

Thanks for the updates. you have mentioned that you have admin privileges on the OME server. Can you also verify the account you are using to login to OME is part of OMEADministrators group. By default all the accounts under Administrators group get added to that group but it would be good to confirm that.

Community Manager

• 

711 Posts

Thanks for the quick response. It is usually related to DB access permissions. It would be good idea to open the ticket so that support can investigate further.

Here is the number for support:

800-945-3355

yes, i am simply using windows authentication on both. and yes the account is part of the admin group

Community Manager

• 

711 Posts

Hi,

Thanks for the post. Can you check what version of Dell Repository Manager are you running? This issues should be addressed in the latest version. Is it possible for you to upgrade Repository Manager and try again?

Regards

Abhijit

hi Abhijeet,

i am running ver 1.4.113 of repo manager and v 1.0.1.1253 for OME ....

Community Manager

• 

711 Posts

April 24th, 2012 13:00

One thing you can try is from the command prompt run iisreset. As mentioned above usually account permissions get added when you run OME for the first time. This command will force refresh of all permissions.

3 Apprentice

• 

943 Posts

April 25th, 2012 14:00

Just for giggles try it with the local admin credentials...

July 12th, 2012 14:00

well, i hate to start another thread with same issues. had been busy with some other stuff. but now had time to look even further. as suggested by Rey, I tried with a local admin account but still no luck with syncing the inventory. looking at the logs and it doesnt give any further help.

the log's XML entry for the error looks like this

COMPUTERNAME

OMEInventory.GetOMEData: Unknown error during OME inventory collection

July 12th, 2012 15:00

ok, doing a bit more digging got me thinking... my SQL server MGMT studio does kinda same behaviour but works when RAA (run as administrator). so tried that and it worked like a charm.

No Events found!