OpenManage Enterprise is the next generation OpenManage Essentials. It simplifies, centralizes and automates the full span of server lifecycle management activities – discovery, configuration, deployment, updates, and remediation – within a single console that unifies management of tower, rack and modular platforms.
OpenManage Enterprise assists in standardizing and supporting your IT management policies and practices.
Now, you can download the software here.
Impossible to download
When prompted, select Run to download the OpenManage Enterprise – Tech Release _2_3_A00.exe file. Be patient as the file is large (.98GB). The process could exceed 15 minutes.
this file is not in the list. Only the Virtual releases are available.
Need some help please
Here is what I just tried that seemed to work:
1. Go to www.delltechcenter.com/ome
2. Click on the hyperlink at the top to launch to the Enterprise DTC portal.
3. Scroll down a bit to the download link.
4. You need to fill out a short form and then it launches you do the download page.
5. I clicked the OVF download it it pulled it down.
Are you going to a different site? Or using a different link? I can check that one if you let me know.
I got a couple of questions about the new appliance
* How is the appliance updated? do you need to download a new image for that? How is the db preserved in that case?
* Do package updates get rolled out automatically via yum (ie centos packages)?
* Why are the dell repositories not defined in /etc/yum.repos.d?
* Why do you ship the kvm image with open-vm-tools? Maybe include qemu-guest-agent
* Could you provide an ova file? Should be very close to the ovf zip you already have
* Will there be an option to install this on a centos/rhel yourself ie a system inside my configuration management?
I use this URL www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails
But I can only download VM files (KVM, VDH and OVF).
I just need the EXE file to install the release on one of our server.
Perharps I miss something ?
there is an error during the boot of the appliance:
"Error in creating LogConnectionFactory for log4jjava.io.FileNofFoundException: /opt/dell/omc/utilities/tui/lib/logjdbc,properties (No such file or directory)"
and a warning:
"[AppClassLoad@18b4aac2] warning javax.* types are not being woven because the weaver option '-Xset:weaveJavaxPackages=true' has not been specified"
They do not seem to affect functionality though.
Hi and thanks for the post.
The next version that is released will support in place upgrade and handle the database upgrade as well while preserving data.
The appliance is 'locked down' and will be updated periodically with new versions of OpenManage Enterprise.
Currently we only provide the HyperV, KVM and VMWare (ovf) formats. I'm don't have any information on other hypervisor formats at this time. We don't have current plans for a non-appliance distribution.